NFI Massachusetts Inc., a non-profit human service agency, is currently seeking an Educational Liaison for our Family Resource Center in Lowell, MA.
The Educational Liaison will provide educational tutoring and case management to assigned students. The Educational Liaison is responsible for class lessons and activities, group development and facilitation while taking into account the students’ physical, emotional and education levels of development.
Status: Full time
Hourly rate: $19.23
- Provides educational/program support and materials, in keeping with educational/program goals and objectives.
- Maintains regular contact with school districts, parents, and other service providers.
- Develops curricula and facilitates therapeutic groups.
- Creates learning materials geared to each client’s ability, interests, and treatment goals.
- Participates in treatment planning, meetings, and/or case conferences as assigned.
- Works with clients to increase motivation, to consistently reinforce learning, and to continuously assess their level of functioning.
- Advocates for members’ needs within the program as well as with external agencies, service providers, and community resources.
- Creates and maintains high quality and timely member documentation to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform appropriate interventions in the event of a member crisis, per program/contract requirements.
- Facilitates, attends, and participates in regular staff and programmatic meetings as needed to maintain program operational and/or administrative compliance.
- Seeks professional development opportunities, including agency meetings, supervision, and internal and/or external trainings and other program activities as required.
- Behaves professionally, ethically, and collaboratively at all times with all members, agency staff, staff of other service programs, and community members.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) from four-year college or university; or two year’s related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with emotionally disturbed youth preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Must possess excellent vision and hearing, ability to speak and read English.
Benefits for full time employees include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, 3 weeks paid vacation time and Tuition reimbursement up to $2500 per fiscal year.