Urban Alliance, a national youth development nonprofit, is committed to program evaluation, performance management, and data analysis to ensure its programs create positive outcomes for the youth it serves. Urban Alliance’s Data & Evaluation team and is looking for a part-time Assistant Program Analyst to support this effort.
About Urban Alliance
Urban Alliance provides economically disadvantaged young people with the exposure, opportunity, support, and training needed to prepare them for lifelong economic self-sufficiency. Urban Alliance’s core program matches underserved high school seniors with paid, professional internships, job skills training, one-on-one mentoring, and ongoing post-program support to expand their idea of what is possible for their future. Founded in Washington, D.C. in 1996, Urban Alliance has since expanded to Baltimore, Chicago, Northern Virginia, and Detroit. To date, Urban Alliance has placed 5,000 students in paid internships, and served more than 20,000 youth through job skills training.
- Data Analysis: Assist the Research and Program Analyst with monitoring key performance indicators and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data sets (surveys, focus groups, interviews).
- Reporting: Assist with the creation of programmatic data reports including charts, graphs, and other data visualizations to support organizational goal setting, performance monitoring, and learning.
- Development Requests: Work closely with Development team to provide data for funder reports and funder lead evaluation projects.
- Data Collection Tool Creation: When necessary, assist program staff in the creation of data collection tools (attendance trackers, surveys, etc).
- Advanced Excel proficiency (Must love pivot tables and lookups)
- Experience with statistical software is a plus
- Ability to combine data from multiple sources
- Ability to analyze large quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Experience with reporting on key performance indicators or programmatic outcomes
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Fast learner with strong follow-through
- Comfort working independently
- Ability to find humor in data-related jokes
- $18 an hour
- 20 hours per week