The Janeway Children’s Health & Rehabilitation Centre is Newfoundland & Labrador’s only hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children.
As the fundraising arm of the Janeway since 1985 the Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation (JCHF) has been working to inspire people and communities to raise the bar of pediatric healthcare. The generosity of donors helps change the lives of families, from enabling new programs that deliver compassionate care tailored to the needs of children, to purchasing the latest innovations in medical equipment.
With the upcoming retirement of Lynn Sparkes, the JCHF is seeking its next President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Role & Mandate:
Reporting to the Foundation’s Board of Directors the CEO provides internal and external leadership necessary to achieve Foundation goals and strategic directions. As CEO for one of the largest fundraising organizations in Newfoundland and Labrador, the candidate is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive plan to ensure the Foundation continues to obtain significant support from community sources. The CEO leverages the power of relationships and networks, and works across private, public and corporate sectors to develop fundraising revenue, major gifts, planned and annual giving and community involvement.
Major responsibilities include:
- Resource Development: The CEO is charged to drive results in fundraising; to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors, to leverage contacts and relationships into fundraising opportunities; and to promote a culture of fundraising in the Foundation, both at the staff and Board of Directors level;
- Community Impact: The CEO develops and nurtures close relationships with supporters, community members, hospital physicians and staff, patients and the Board of Directors to enhance short and long-term philanthropic support and drive the Foundation’s impact on the Janeway Hospital;
- Organizational Management: Direct all Foundation administrative functions including executing the strategic plan, budgets and financials, and ensuring fiduciary compliance;
- Strategic Management: Work closely with, communicate to, and support the efforts of the Board as it relates to fundraising and community relationships. The CEO, with the Board of Directors is responsible for setting organizational goals and developing strategies to ensure these goals are achieved. The CEO is also the principal resource to the Board of Directors for policy development, ensuring accountability, transparency and appropriate risk management.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will bring the following experience, knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes to this leadership role:
- Extensive successful fundraising experience in a not-for-profit environment
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders
- An exceptional leader who can rally internal resources and external partners around highly aspirational goals;
- A university degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- As a fundraiser and skilled communicator, a solid record of working with diverse groups of stakeholders including Board of Directors, government agencies; the health community, volunteers and donors;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility when warranted and a keen sense of prioritization;
- Work on a wide range of assignments with a high degree of diplomacy and insight
- Must demonstrate a high level of desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches
- Experience in developing partnerships and building teams.
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2021
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Please apply to: email@example.com