The National Restaurant Association and National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation are proud to be part of a highly respected industry, providing hospitality, opportunity and quality of life. And much like the industry we represent, we have a dynamic, diverse and inclusive culture, grounded in trust, hospitality, collaboration and innovation. These are the core values that inspire our work, and what we’re looking for in an exciting new position with the Foundation.
The NRAEF is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the restaurant and hospitality industry’s training and education, career development and community engagement efforts. The Foundation annually awards close to 200 scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in hospitality and is looking for a Program Coordinator to support these efforts, The scholarships and engagement coordinator will work behind the scenes to support team members in managing grants and scholarships. Additional, they will help develop an alumni network, assist with program implementation, marketing and communications, data entry and research, and other tasks as assigned.
Please include both a resume and a cover letter with your application.
Works as part of programs team to accomplish Foundation goals; assists project director and senior manager in accomplishing team goals.
- Maintain a database of scholarship and grant recipients and work with team to develop an engagement campaign with key stakeholders
- Provide support to NRAEF Development team, helping to identify and facilitate opportunities to integrate sponsor companies and organizations into the scholarship and grants, industry and alumni programs nationally and ensure the program meets sponsorship commitments.
- Work with the communications team to identify opportunities to showcase scholarship and grant recipients and help craft the stories.
- Assist in the development material to showcase and profile scholarship recipients
- Provides professional, timely, critical customer care and appropriate support for program stakeholders including program participants, scholarship and grant recipients, post-secondary institutions POC, and industry.
- Serves as the operational point person for scholarships, grants and engagement programs components, including answering program inquiries, implementing scholarships and grants, alumni programming, and industry engagement activities.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationship with internal NRA/NRAEF staff, state restaurant associations and external partners to ensure collaboration.
- Assists in the collection and documentation of all program data and activities.
- Assists with any required grant and program report writing.
- Reviews related pages on websites and social media sites regularly to ensure that documents, information and other material is timely and on-message; works collaboratively with internal and external staff to make necessary changes.
- Organizes and maintains all past program data, material and files.
- Assists with program budget management
- Attends planning meetings and special events on various dates and in various locations across the country.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and delivery high quality written work.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to cope in fast paced work environment.
- Ability to accept changes and be flexible.
- Comfortable with engagement of program participants and providing support and communication.