About UpValley Family Centers (UVFC): UVFC is a dynamic nonprofit organization aimed at increasing the skills, confidence and education of upvalley residents, boosting family and community resiliency and connectedness, and addressing social inequities. Created in 2014 from a merger between Calistoga Family Center and St. Helena Family Center, our mission is to provide guidance, support, and resources in the community, in the home and for the individual, so that everyone can achieve a better life. We reach community members of all ages with a variety of programs and serve as essential resource hubs for residents living in northern Napa County. We maintain over 40 partnerships with early childhood programs, school districts, nonprofits, city and county agencies. Our core strategies are to: increase access to resources up valley; work with partners to advance our goals; support people in times of crisis; and build capacity for leadership across generations. Our annual operating budget is over $3 million, with well-diversified revenues that are divided between government contracts, foundation grants and individual/corporate giving. UVFC seeks an exceptional, experienced, results-oriented Development Director to build upon its strong fundraising program and processes in support of the organization's growing momentum.
The successful candidate will be a passionate and accomplished fundraising professional with superior communication and management skills and the ability to work effectively with the Executive Director, the staff and the board.
Job Summary The Development Director’s primary role is to provide leadership and coordination of UVFC’s annual and long-term fundraising strategies to develop and implement a reliable revenue generation model. This includes collaborating with the board and staff to develop information, data and support on how to cultivate and steward donors and communicate requests for donations, including, as appropriate, making the ask. The Development Director is responsible for ensuring the stability and growth of multifaceted contributed revenue streams including: individual giving (multi-year, annual giving and planned gifts), institutional giving (foundation, corporate), fundraising events and e-philanthropy. The Development Director supervises and mentors the Development Associate and Communications & Volunteer Manager to ensure internal processes, fundraising goals, communication goals, and volunteer coordination activities are being met; and the Data Analyst, who analyzes and synthesizes program and organization-wide data. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Lead efforts to raise annual operating revenue and future funding. Continue UVFC’s comprehensive approach to fundraising that integrates annual giving, a major gifts program, special events, corporate partnerships, local and national foundation grants and new sources of revenue for the short- and long-term growth goals of the organization. Establish target revenue and manage each component to successful end.
•Develop and implement annual and long-term fundraising strategy and plans, including a focus on (unrestricted) multi-year support and legacy gifts.
• Provide development expertise and support for UVFC’s facility planning process to ensure adequate office and program space. • Scan national, state, and local landscape for new funding sources that support UVFC’s core programs.
• Grow targeted solicitation programs and refine fundraising efforts to attract new donors.
• Work with Communications & Volunteer Manager to create and update strategic and thoughtful donor communications materials – including asks, acknowledgements, and more.
• Provide strategic oversight of all external communications, including press releases, newsletters, brochures, and annual reports. Support/mentor Communications & Volunteer Manager in content creation.
•Oversee the planning and coordination of fundraising and donor events, including our annual online auction, VIVA! Napa Valley.
• Oversee the comprehensive, timely, and innovative stewardship of all gifts.
• Collaborate with Executive Director and program staff to develop institutional grant proposals and ensure that all grant reports are submitted in a timely manner. Provide guidance to program staff as needed on data or metrics required for reporting.
• Work with staff to understand and utilize program data connected to UVFC’s Theory of Change, to track and convey organizational impact. Serve on Data Committee and supervise/mentor the Data Analyst.
• Encourage a culture of philanthropy among program staff and board members to create an appreciation for and inclusion in development functions.
• Provide oversight to analyze progress against annual development targets, monitor fundraising efficiencies, and ensure security and confidentiality of all donor records.
• Oversee the coordination of UVFC’s volunteer programs, including recruitment, screening, onboarding, retention, impact, and appreciation. • Oversee the development/implementation of annual communications and marketing plan
• Oversee the management of UVFC’s donor database, reports and grants calendar, and web-based giving platforms.
• Provide supervision to staff in UVFC’s development team. Coach and mentor staff in best fundraising practices, communications, volunteer engagement, and data analysis. • Represent the organization, when requested, to the community.
• Support the Executive Director in any other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An appropriate combination of education and experience to perform the essential duties is required. The ideal candidate will have:
• B.A. or B.S. Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Five years’ progressively responsible nonprofit fundraising experience, including individual and corporate donor cultivation/solicitation/stewardship, and grantwriting • Ability to work well with staff at all levels of the organization as well as with board members, donors and others outside the organization
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and donor database management software
• Knowledge of Napa County is desirable
• Experience working in diverse community settings is preferred
• Desire to work on issues related to health and wellness of individuals and families and towards solutions that address societal inequities
• Valid Driver’s License, insurance or transportation
• Conduct fingerprint background check and TB test and receive clearance
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Jenny Ocon, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “Development Director.”
This posting will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please. UpValley Family Centers is an equal opportunity employer.