BetterHealth is a non-profit 501(c)(3) managed service organization (MSO) that empowers and enables Planned Parenthood affiliates to efficiently conduct the business of healthcare, including revenue cycle management and electronic health record implementation, hosting and support. BetterHealth is an Independent organization in existence since 2017.
In 2020, 33 Planned Parenthood affiliates selected BetterHealth to lead a multi-year transformational implementation of EPIC.
The BetterHealth CEO is responsible for leading the organization through a 36 month plan to grow the company from a $4M annual operating budget to $11M, staffed by 65 employees. In addition to being responsible for the overall strategy, the CEO is responsible for the operations of BetterHealth and the execution of the business and affairs of BetterHealth in accordance with the strategic plan, annual budget and objectives adopted and approved by the Board of Directors and subject to oversight by the Board.
- The CEO will provide entrepreneurial leadership and strategic direction to the development of new business models and operating strategies, while building on the current models and strategies that have created success for BetterHealth. The CEO is also responsible for building a culture of strong communications and customer service strategies for its membership and customer base.
- The CEO will monitor and research industry trends to optimize business strategies and long-term planning, in addition to working collaboratively with other business leaders in the health and technology space within the Planned Parenthood Federation.
- The CEO will drive quality, compliance and excellence in partnership with the BetterHealth Board, staff, members and clients.
The CEO will be a champion of health equity, in particular race equity, and must lead the organization to become an exemplar of diversity, equity and inclusion through the hiring and development of teams that reflect the diversity of Planned Parenthood communities by race, gender, sexual orientation and other measures, and will ensure that the working environment is inclusive. The CEO must instill and ensure a strong sense of belonging for all who work within the organization.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required; Masters degree preferred
- 8 years plus progressive management and leadership experience in the healthcare
- Experience with entrepreneurial initiatives, such as creating and building new companies or leading innovation within organizations preferred
- Experience in healthcare operations, revenue cycle, finance, strategy, and business development at the administrative leadership level
- Demonstrated success with cultural transformation and change management
- Deep experience with electronic health records and success in utilizing the
information to transform care
- Experience working directly with, and being responsible to, a Board of Directors and its Chair strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents OTHER SKILLS AND
Ability to effectively present information to employees, leadership, public groups and Boards of Directors.
Strong interpersonal skills to motivate as an agent of change in a team environment.
Sound understanding of compliance and regulatory issues.
Ability to manage details and complexity.
Ability to excel in a diverse environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High level of Computer literacy, including interest in and openness to use of new technology
to enhance and optimize
Strong commitment to the goals and strategic plan of BetterHealth.
Ability to listen to a variety of constituents and find collaborative solutions.
Ability to work in a self-motivated and proactive manner.
Willingness to travel to conduct business as needed.
BetterHealth is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.