Power Up Your Nonprofit Training Director
1 year contract
Prospera Business Network is the leading non-profit organization advancing and supporting community-
centered economic development in southwest Montana. Our focus is helping people start and grow their
business or non-profit – in turn strengthening our region’s economy and communities. At Prospera, we
provide confidential business counseling, professional trainings, small business loans, business development
grants and timely economic research.
We are seeking a professional independent contractor to be the lead training director for our
“Power Up Your Nonprofit” class, a new nonprofit training series that will be offered up to two
times per year. The contractor will serve as the lead instructor and coordinator for planning and
implementing this “Power Up Your Nonprofit” training for Prospera.
Through a collaboration with the One Valley Community Foundation, Prospera will be offering
this custom version of its successful “Power Up” class for entrepreneurs and tailoring the
program to non-profit organizations. Power Up Your Non-Profit will create a supportive small-
group setting to help existing and emerging non-profit entities get a solid foundation for starting
and operating a non-profit organization.
1. Direct experience and/or education in designing, facilitating and leading adult education training
2. Strong working knowledge of nonprofit business practices – and on how to prepare a business
plan and start-up cash flow and other financial statements.
3. Effective communication skills with the ability to deliver information in an interactive style to best
suit the needs of participants.
4. Adult education skills, with the ability to adopt new styles of teaching and facilitating hands-on
learning and development.
5. The ability to professionally represent Prospera and the One Valley Community Foundation
6. Creative ability to meet program goals, and work with sponsors who are guest speakers to deliver
coursework and keep the program fun, lively, and effective.
7. An independent contractor exemption certificate in Montana will be required.
The Power Up Your Nonprofit Training Program Director responsibilities will include:
goals that we would like to accomplish for each class and we want to keep the class lively and
- Develop the curriculum and classroom presentation for the series. We have a basic template of the
- Serving as a professional liaison for Prospera Business Network
- Setting up training computers if needed
- Managing all aspects of program planning, budgeting, and implementation
- Recruiting guest speakers/facilitators, management, and follow-up
- Prepping all trainings materials for clients
- Training reports and record-keeping
marketing plan assistance, managing a business, cash flow management, financing, human
- Assisting clients with nonprofit start-up, business plan review, financial review and analysis,
resources and other information needed for the operation of a small business enterprise
- Managing on-going client communications (by phone and email)
- Conducting evaluation surveys for each class
- All marketing and registration will be the responsibility of Prospera staff
- All curriculum, handouts, and Power Point will be the property of Prospera Business Network
- Applicant will be required to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete statement.
Tentative Class Schedule:
We would like to start our first class in June 2021. We anticipate offering the class about 2x per year with a
combination of afternoon, early evening class, and weekend programs. The class will be a combination of
training presentations and hands-on activities to help clients start preparing their plans and financials.
- Local in-town travel may be required for classes.
Curriculum Development to include the following:
o Please note: Prospera Business Network will retain the rights to the course name and
- 3-4 meetings with Prospera staff to work on curriculum.
Schedule all of the class times, dates, location. Fine tune presentation and classroom process.
And Launch it!
Payment will be made on a sliding scale to encourage the instructor to help promote the class.
1-5 students = $550
6-10 = $850
11-15 = $1150
16-18 = $1350
If class is well-received this contract may be expanded.
Please send a letter of interest with your qualifications outlined and a resume to Suzi Berget White,
Director of Business Development to swhite@ProsperaMT.org Please use “Power Up Your Nonprofit”
in the subject line.