Through leadership by example, provide strategic direction, leadership, management, administration, oversight, and support for the creation, delivery and evaluation of academic programs within the School of Business. Foster relationships and maintain a high level of both internal and external customer support for students, faculty, staff, managers, college administration, local employers, other educational institutions, and additional stakeholders.
1. Support teaching, learning, and college operations and initiatives by providing leadership, contributing input, engaging in problem solving and participating in decision making in collaboration with teams, committees, stakeholders and in meetings both internally and externally.
2. Supervise and support assigned staff in their work to include recruitment, selection, orientation, scheduling, evaluation, discipline and recommendation of personnel actions in accordance with College policies, procedures, and contractual agreements. Encourage and approve staff development activities.
3. Build productive relationships, collaborate, and serve as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders. Remain astute to forces that could potentially influence those relationships and subsequent actions. Serve on College and statewide teams/committees. Lead teams and actively participate and attend meetings.
4. Provide customer support services to students including developing success plans, connecting with resources, addressing concerns, resolving conflicts and grade appeals, and leading the development of academic offerings.
5. Develop and manage budgets, grants, contracts and support direct reports in the same.
6. Participate in internal and external marketing and public relations activities.
7. Participate in the development, implementation, and support of the mission, vision, goals, plans, policies and procedures of the College. Assist in strategic planning on a College and department level.
8. Guide and facilitate the School of Business goals and plans for development, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of programs/curricula and related policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of quality programs.
9. Ensure compliance with WCTC policies/procedures, WTCS policies/procedures, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
10. Engage in professional development and keep current with trends in higher education and in discipline-specific area including new developments in practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and regulations to improve and expand instructional programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Curriculum development
- At least one of the academic disciplines in the area of business
- Adult education principles
- Organizational behavior, group dynamics, and conflict resolution
- Data-based decision-making
- Quality concepts, design, and improvement in a complex environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills - oral, written and listening
- Excellent customer service skills, working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal (staff, management, personnel) and external contacts (clients and vendors)
- Develop and manage budgets and grants
- Manage time and organize work
- Work independently, as part of a team and/or with minimal supervision
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to work/improve processes and/or systems
- Deal with conflict situations constructively
- Work on several projects simultaneously
- Prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities
Intermediate level of proficiency with computer software applications such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentations. Knowledge of and familiarity with technologies associated with specific disciplines which may include web technologies, operating systems, online program tracking platforms, social media platforms, mobile technology tools and/or AV/multimedia applications and equipment.
This position oversees the School of Business in the Learning division and is available on May 17, 2021.
This is a full-time, 12 month per calendar year position. Hours will be Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Salary is listed at the 2020-2021 rates.
All applicants (both internal and external) must attach/complete the following for consideration:
- Current Resume
- Current Cover Letter
- Proof of Education
Selected candidates will be invited to interview via Zoom on Thursday April 8, 2021;. Second interviews are scheduled for Friday April 16, 2021, and will consist of a panel interview and an open forum. Candidates will be emailed ahead of time regarding structure of the open forum.
All candidates must complete the online application by March 21, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
Applications must be complete and thorough; see resume will not be acceptable. Applications that do not have the required attachments (resume, cover letter and proof of education) will not be considered.