The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, and patient care conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of all. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features:
- Significant employer 403(b) contribution
- Public transportation subsidy
- Generous paid time off program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program that includes discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
How will you make an impact?
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is seeking an exceptionally hardworking and resourceful Coordinator to support three Senior Directors in the Communications & Marketing cluster. Your primary responsibility will be to support the administrative needs of the Senior Directors of Digital Communications, Marketing, Strategic Communications and their respective teams. The role requires superior attention to detail, great organization skills, the ability to find solutions to problems, and ability to multitask. You will possess the skills to react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and dedicatedly solve problems. Responsibilities will require that you think and plan ahead, prioritize short- and long term, and manage time effectively. You will also play a key role in supporting committees and work group meetings.
- Schedule and organize meetings and conference calls, including creating videoconferences.
- Work with project lead to finalize reports, create presentations, assemble material, and create work documents.
- Take notes and notate meeting takeaways and next steps, at the direction of Senior Directors. Follow up on next steps prior to subsequent meetings.
- Once back in the building, arranging for guest badges, AV/IT needs, and catering when necessary.
- Process documents: finalize reports, agendas and presentations; print and copy as needed for Senior Directors, committees, and associated workgroups.
- Process expense reports.
- Make purchases for the Senior Directors and their respective units.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process by reviewing and organizing submissions from the various units; track monthly budget reviews throughout the year for Senior Directors.
- When applicable, make travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries.
- Handle telephone inquiries, direct callers to appropriate staff both within and outside the Communications cluster; serve as backup “live person” on voice-mail system.
- Special projects, as requested
- Coordinate monthly Digital Communications Highlights document over viewing activities of unit, Scorecard data at department level providing data on project requests and Content Management System activities, and monthly budget reports.
- Master calendar updates for Digital Communications group.
- Provide Administrative Support to the UX & Content Teams.
- Coordinate central repository of technical guidelines and documentation, policies, and other key documents for Digital Communications. Audit on annual basis
- Master calendar updates for Marketing, Editorial & Creative Services
- Coordinating Marketing metrics report.
- Scheduling and Calendar Management for Senior Directors
- Ordering supplies for team as needed
What will you bring to the role?
- High school diploma required, with at least 4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge working in a Windows environment; familiarity with Mac a plus.
- Proficiency with e-mail systems and calendar programs (Outlook preferred)
- Expert word processing (Word), spreadsheet programming (Excel), Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience updating Web sites, and facility with social media tools.
- Ability to learn quickly and, through training, develop any technical knowledge or skills that are absent.
- Skilled in manipulating data, although statistical knowledge is not required.
- Proficient in using the Internet and other databases to collect information.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability and flexibility to work on multiple projects with different task leaders; complete projects accurately and on time; and address tasks that arise unexpectedly
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including ability to take notes, write meeting minutes, correspondence, and proofreading.
- Able to manage materials related to multiple ongoing projects.
- Willing to work in team environment in close collaboration with other units.
- Prioritize workload and work in cooperative manner to achieve team goals.
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.