NOTICE OF VACANCY: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at (218) 793-2407.
Early Childhood Education Instructor
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 03/15/2021
Closing Date: 04/02/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / EGF
Division/Unit: EGF Faculty
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $39,212 - $84,192 Annually
Job Class Option: 007845
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 210-MSCF
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Area: Academics
Location: East Grand Forks
Connect 700 Program: Yes
Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited Early Childhood EducationInstructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant,student-centered learning community. Primary Responsibilities will be teaching on the East Grand
Forks campus and online.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural
perspectives. Faculty members at Northland are professionally active scholars who participate in
departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary
discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting
a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds amongst its administrators, faculty, and staff.
Examples of Duties:
• Provide and demonstrate versatility in instructional methodology.
• Competently incorporate instructional technology in course delivery for a variety of modalities
(in-person, hybrid and online).
• Effectively prepare and present content to a diverse student population with various learning
styles and abilities.
• Develop, maintain, and assess student learning outcomes including program assessment.
• Identify textbook and maintain a current syllabus and provide current course orientation
materials for each assigned course.
• Work closely with area partners in a field-based experience model, but not limited to planning
for guided field experiences.
• Demonstrate multicultural competency, including awareness and understanding of historically
disadvantage populations and create an educational environment that affirms commitment to
equity and diversity.
• Attend and actively contribute to meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities or
assignments included but not limited to division meetings, advisory committee meetings and
• Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College.
• Participate in recruiting and articulation activities with local schools, and colleges.
• Maintain currency in subject matter and developments in the field.
• Establish and maintain office hours, be available for student consultation.
• Provide academic advising to promote student success.
• Modeling employability skills.
• Demonstrating professionalism.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in education with 12 semester credits in early childhood education.
Occupational Experience Requirement
• Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience with children ages
birth to eight years old.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date
of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual
has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the
credential field within the last five years.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
• Course Construction (credit course) *
• Teaching/Instructional Methods (credit course) *
• Student Outcomes Assessment/Evaluation (credit course) *
• Philosophy of Community and Technical College Education (credit/non-credit course) **
• Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent)
teaching experience prior to being hired or shall be required to complete coursework in the
above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
• These courses shall be a waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have a degree in
education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in
the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time
(or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching
experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty
Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
• ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented
evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College
Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
• Holds, at a minimum, a master’s degree.
• Teaching experience with a diverse learner population.
• A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
• Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching in an accredited Early
• Coursework in teaching pedagogies and preparation in principles and methods evaluation.
Please apply online https://northlandcollege.peopleadmin.com.
Online applications must include (please note your application will not be accepted without the
• Cover letter of interest
• Copy of all college transcripts
Application deadline: April 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Why Work For Us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our
generous benefits include sick leave, personal leave, Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and
dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other
retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and
dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as
professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We
promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
If you have questions about the position, contact Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at
Becky.Sarff@northlandcollege.edu or (218) 793-2407.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to
the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race,
sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or
membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively
seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals
with protected veteran status.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply