Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Care Team Assistant to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Care Team Assistant provides communication, resource and administrative support to the agency Interdisciplinary Teams, as well as patients, families and other members of the community.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 2 years administrative experience in hospice or related field preferred.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills, including time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Ability to build and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Exhibit self-direction, independent judgment, discretion and ability to work and collaborate with all team members, including volunteers
- Strong computer knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and the capability to learn additional software as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to be sensitive to the needs of the staff and Empath Health clientele as well as flexibility within an organized system
- Medical terminology background preferred.
Other benefits include:
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with employer match
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.