The ACLU seeks a full-time position of Donor Data Associate in the Development Department of the ACLU's National office in New York, NY.
The ACLU's passionate community of donors and activists is stronger than ever. The mission of the ACLU's Development Department is to unlock the full potential of donors and the ACLU as partners in the creation of a more perfect union. We pursue our mission by building long-term donor relationships and organizational partnerships, by demonstrating impact in response to threats, by engaging donors how they wish to engage, by taking interest in our donors and facilitating personal action, by being accountable stewards of their funds, and by asking donors to consider giving the ACLU their full support.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Donor Database, the Donor Data Associate will be responsible for managing and triaging user requests; updating the status of system and data projects and provide administrative support to the department.
- Manage and triage data requests from Development users
- Track and update status of data projects and assist in project management
- Respond to service requests from business users
- Manage request queue and ensure timely responses
- Monitor and report on data and issue tickets logged with the Training & Support team related to use of the fundraising system
- Create fundraising campaign codes for all Development staff (National & Affiliates) to ensure data integrity
- Run and review data hygiene reports; identify bad data and correct as needed
- Merge duplicate accounts as needed
- Assist with troubleshooting of system and data issues in Salesforce
- Assist with documenting Development data rules and processes and the formatting of data files for upload, as needed
- Write & run SQL database queries as needed for troubleshooting and data hygiene
- Assist with training Development staff as needed
- Experience working with database systems, preferably fundraising systems and/or advocacy systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, decision-making ability, the ability to take initiative, and work on multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose, edit, and proof correspondence and documents
- Intermediate or higher SQL skills
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Experience working in nonprofit development and advocacy departments
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other fundraising database systems, Civis, Looker and other business intelligence tools and related platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially, Access & Excel)
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it's ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
The ACLU makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.