Reports To: Board of Directors
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Agency Mission: To create & support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
- Growth Mindset
- Respect & Trust
The President and CEO will lead the development and attainment of Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central’s strategic goals. The President and CEO is appointed by and responsible to the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and drive the organization's strategy within the broad context of the local and national landscape, taking a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with the Board and staff that would result in the development of strategic plans and a 12-month operational plan and budget.
- Use performance measurement to guide strategic and operational decision-making.
- Cultivate a strong Board of Directors willing to lead and contribute to the development of prospects and major donors' cultivation.
- Partner with and engage the Board of Directors to leverage and secure resources, contribute expertise, and advice on short and long-term strategic goals.
- Build a diverse and inclusive Board of Directors that is representative of the community.
- Ensure open communication with the Board of Directors about the measurement of performance against stated objectives.
Staff Leadership and Development
- Lead, motivate and develop the staff to be passionate about what Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central has achieved and are committed to working effectively toward continual improvement.
- Ensure the organization has the caliber of staff with skills appropriate to the needs of the position to positively impact agency objectives.
- Ensure an effective performance management system for all employees that includes annual objective setting and evaluation.
- Ensure a comprehensive recruitment and retention strategy to support Big Brothers Big Sisters’ commitment to building a sustainable organization.
- Ensure a strategic and comprehensive fund development plan that identifies prospects and donors and enhances the agency's short and long-term diversified funding base.
- Ensure the establishment of a diverse donor base of individual, corporate, foundation, and public segments.
- Personally build loyal and long-term relationships with key donor segments based on mission, cultivation and stewardship, program outcomes, and sound fiscal management.
- Ensure programmatic excellence is achieved by establishing operational benchmarks, setting timelines, and obtaining the resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively participate in nationwide initiatives, programmatic innovations,
- best practices and quality standards; adopt these standards to create maximum impact within the local agency’s environment.
- Hold Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central accountable to agency and national standards for service delivery, emphasizing child safety.
- Promote the identification of continuous improvement in service delivery as the champion for innovative solutions.
- Oversee the development of all financial, facilities, and operational plans; oversee implementation of budgets, and monitor progress/changes related to budgets.
- Guide the development of the organization’s financial and technological systems to support, measure, and communicate quantitative and qualitative performance indicators.
Partnerships & Community Leadership
- Raise the public profile of Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central by serving as the spokesperson and advocate for the agency and a visible, visionary, influential leader in the community.
- Ensure meaningful and effective partnerships with key public and private sector entities to reinforce the Big Brothers Big Sisters brand and its impact on the community.
- Ensure comprehensive marketing strategies to attract, engage, and mobilize significant numbers of volunteer mentors and donors, reflecting the full diversity of the agency’s community.
- Develop meaningful and effective relationships with the media, including press, television, and radio leading to strong support.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven track record of effectively leading innovative change and scaling a high-growth performance-driven organization. At least 7-10 years of demonstrated success in board development, staff leadership, fundraising, partnership development, and financial management.
- An inclusive leadership style that endorses delegation and collaboration with clear decision-making authority.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal qualities that include integrity, commitment to the Big Brothers Big Sisters mission, and the ability to articulate an inspiring and motivating vision.
- Has an entrepreneurial approach; can point to tangible examples of having shaped and driven the processes and structures needed for an organization to get to the next stage of growth.
- Nonprofit/general management experience, and/or having sat on a nonprofit board. Has set strategic objectives, work-planned, and coached a team to achieve goals, all the while providing clear, performance-related people management.
- Strong fund development, marketing, and public relations experience to successfully engage external stakeholders including funders, corporate partners, policymakers, and communities.
- Must be the driver of the organization’s changes in culture that accompany growth.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
(614) 839-2447, ext 163