Job No: 510839
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: RA - Research Assistant
Employee Classification: Graduate Asst Research
Division Name: Student Affairs
College/Unit: Dean of Students
Department: Student Counseling Services
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Multicultural Outreach -
1. Assist with the development and planning of active and passive multicultural outreach initiatives aimed at creating a community of caring and increasing support for students of color at ISU - Multicultural Outreach Team
2. Collaborate directly with the Multicultural Outreach Team to assist with outreach-related administrative duties
3. Assist with Multicultural Outreach program delivery
4. Assist with center-related tabling events as a representative of Student Counseling Services
5. Assist in the development of reports and electronic publications related to diverse populations at ISU
6. Collaborate with Multicultural Outreach Team and Campus Partners to assist with the implementation of diversity-related programs and trainings on campus
Body Image & Eating Disorder Outreach -
1. Complete training to facilitate the Body Project & Body Project – More Than Muscles, an empirically supported healthy body – More Than Muscles, empirically supported healthy body image programs for college students
2. Coordinate scheduling, marketing, and other administrative aspects of the Body Project & BP:MTM
3. Complete IRB training and assist with data collection
4. Assist with program implementations, peer facilitator trainings, peer feedback reviews, and outreach requests (some evening and weekend work required)
5. Coordinate ongoing trainings for peer facilitators
6. Supervise and oversee student members of the Body Image & Eating Disorders Outreach Team
7. Attend weekly Body Image & Eating Disorders Outreach Team and supervision meetings
8. Assist with center-related tabling events as a representative of Student Counseling Services
Graduate research assistant are generally assigned to individual faculty members to assist with their research, and the majority of the assigned duties are tied to this research. The nature of the assistance varies by discipline and can involve a variety of activities such as:
1. Library work
2. Proposal writing
3. Data gathering
4. Data analysis
1. Eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook which can be found at http://hr.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. Must be a degree seeking graduate student at Illinois State University
Flexible, but primarily between 8-4:30 weekdays; some evening and/or weekend work required
Proposed Starting Date
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
Required Applicant Documents
Resume, Cover letter, Reference List & Work availability
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior
Optional Applicant Documents
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior
Special Instructions for Applicants
Note: If you have not yet been assigned a University ID, but are interested in applying for this graduate assistantship, please proceed with the graduate assistant application process. For the first question regarding your University ID, simply enter in nine (9) zeros (e.g., 000000000).
You must be eligible for employment in the United States and at Illinois State University and/or for the number of hours required for the position.
If you are an international student the rules/laws for your visa status may place limits on your employment eligibility. Students are responsible for knowing and following all applicable visa status rules/laws. If you are not certain whether your visa status allows you to accept an assistantship or additional work hours, contact the International Student and Scholar Services immediately for clarification. The University cannot grant exceptions to visa status rules/laws.
Illinois State University Graduate Assistants are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held.
Contact Information for Applicants
Jenni Thome, PhD, Staff Psychologist
David Adams, PhD, Staff Psychologist
Student Counseling Services
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Information for Applicants
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: 03/04/2021 02:05 PM CST
Application Closes: 06/30/2021 11:55 PM CST