|The Assistant Dean will:
- work collaboratively with the Dean and other staff in the Office of Undergraduate Studies and across the university to develop, promote, and assess the General Education program by chairing or serving on General Education faculty boards; leading faculty and curricular development through seminars, workshops, and individual consultations; and leading continuous improvement in General Education;
- be a leader in curricular assessment through the learning outcomes assessment process for undergraduate degree programs;
- participate in development and assessment of living-learning and other special programs;
- represent the Dean’s office in developing and managing relationships with partners across campus to advocate for undergraduate education with students, faculty, and staff; and
- undertake special projects, including acknowledgment of faculty, staff, and student accomplishments with awards and recognition; keep abreast of current research and best practices related to undergraduate education; and do other duties as assigned. The position requires supervision of professional staff. The position demands integrity, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Terminal degree required. Five years of experience in assessment, teaching, and program and/or curriculum design required.
Experience at University of Maryland preferred. PhD preferred. University-level teaching experience beneficial. Candidates should have experience in higher education policy and administration, including an understanding of learning outcomes and assessment processes. Candidates should have experience and proficiency in project management; strong leadership and interpersonal skills; a record of developing, implementing, and assessing programs that foster diversity, equity, and inclusion; a capacity to collaborate and build relationships across levels and campus units; and skill in problem-solving, listening, and interacting constructively with different audiences (e.g., students, faculty, professional staff, senior campus leaders).
Additional Certifications: Additional Information: Job Risks Not Applicable to This Position Physical Demands
Regular office environment
Posting Date: 01/07/2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled No Best Consideration Date 03/01/2021 Diversity Statement:
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
- List of References (no emails sent from system)