Minnesota State Community and Technical College seeks a dynamic, front-line leader who is student-focused, equity minded, and strategic to serve as the inaugural dean for the new School of Applied Technology.
M State was formed in 2003 by the merger of Fergus Falls Community College and three campuses of Northwest Technical College in order to better serve the needs of the region by combining strong career and technical programs with liberal arts and science offerings in one comprehensive college. A regional, student-focused institution, M State is the fifth largest college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving nearly 14,000 students in both credit and non-credit, including over 7,000 students in credit programs. At M State students find the best of both worlds: big college resources and small college feel on its four welcoming campuses and in its many online courses and programs. The college’s vision is to be a success story for every student. College administration, faculty and staff value integrity, inclusion, and innovation and they strive to be ‘ALL IN’ as they teach and serve their diverse student body.
M State has recently restructured its academic programs to create Schools within which selected programs will be administered. The School of Applied Technology is one such newly structured school. Accordingly, the new Dean will serve in the inaugural role and must have the experience, skill set, entrepreneurial spirit, and desire to forge the various disciplines into an integrated, collegial, and unified school across all four campuses. As with the other academic deans, the Dean of Applied Technology will report to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and serve as a member of both the Academic Leadership Team and the College Management Team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Take advantage of opportunities created by significant regional industrial growth (e.g. Amazon is building a major distribution center in the Fargo-Moorhead area)
- Serve in a significant leadership role inasmuch as nearly 50% of the enrollment at M State is found in the applied technology disciplines, which are significant to the identity of the institution
- Enhance relationships with significant long-term industrial partners (e.g. Bobcat, John Deere, Peterbilt, Border States Electric Supply, Caterpillar, RDO Equipment CO., Titan Machinery, and American Crystal Sugar) as well as developing new partnerships
- Expand pathways training opportunities for K-12 students in order to better serve regional industries
- Assist in enhancing already robust donor support for applied technology programs
- Improve existing and develop new apprenticeship and internship opportunities for students
- Continue to assist and enhance opportunities for all students – traditional and non-traditional – to seek quick upward mobility
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by April 2, 2021. The review of applications will continue through the search committee’s selection of continuing candidates. The search page, which includes the full Executive Search Profile as well as the opportunity to apply or nominate, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting Minnesota State Community and Technical College in their search. All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: Dr. John Hutchinson, Senior Consultant, or Dr. Gena Glickman, Senior Consultant, at MNDeanAT@rhperry.com.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer.