1.Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
3. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
4. Prepares course syllabi (if not provided by the Department).
5. Prepares instructional materials (if not provided by Department).
6. Delivers course content in an effective manner to support student learning and meets the designated student learning outcomes.
7. Participates in assessment.
8. Meets all scheduled classes on the assigned day /time.
9. Uses scheduled class time appropriately.
10. Makes oneself available to students and college officials as needed.
11. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
12. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
13. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that governs the educational process.
14. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting attendance, grades, and other reports within college deadlines.
15. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the respective Department Chair or supervising academic administrator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
16. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
17. Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective teaching techniques.
18. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive working environment among departmental faculty.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned by the respective Department Chair or other supervising academic administrator.
Applicants for Online Teaching must live in the State of Florida or have a valid Florida residence.
Demonstrated teaching skills and subject knowledge, preferably at the community college level. Degree and credit hour requirements must be met in accordance with the criteria for accreditation of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Earned Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in the subject area.
Online teaching experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Business Campus Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch Work Schedule Per Semester Work Hours From As assigned Work Hours To Total Hours Per Week Requested Start Date Spring 2021 Job Type Adjunct Faculty Continuing Contract Eligible Benefits Eligible No Hiring Range $1850.25 per 3 credit course FLSA Exempt Job Open Date 10/12/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.