A full-time faculty is responsible for delivering instruction in the discipline(s) for which she/he has been employed. In addition, faculty are expected to provide academic advising to students and participate in divisional and institutional activities related to the college's mission.
Faculty Essential Functions:
1. Deliver instruction in a variety of modes, including on-line, and evaluate student learning.
2. Maintain an environment conducive to learning.
3. Be responsible for course and, when appropriate, laboratory preparation.
4. Actively participate in curriculum and program development, revision and evaluation.
5. Provide academic advising to students with an emphasis on retention and success.
6. Remain current in the teaching area(s) through appropriate professional development activities.
7. Actively participate on divisional and institutional committees.
8. Collaborate in building and maintaining relationships within and beyond the institution.
9. Contribute appropriately to pursuit and achievement of program, division, and institutional mission and strategy.
Faculty Supplemental Functions:
1. Actively participate in institutional and, as appropriate, community activities that support the institution's mission.
2. Support and follow Columbia State's, TBR and other applicable policies and guidelines.
3. Continue to develop professionally.
4. Utilize technology as a tool for enhancement of operation, instruction and services.
Requirements of the Position
Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. Masters Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Accounting.
Education, Training and Experience Preferred:
1. Doctorate degree
2. Higher Education experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
1. The ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
2. The knowledge and/or experience to instruct using a variety of instructional delivery modes
3. The ability to relate to a diverse faculty, staff and student population
4. The ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and community members
5. The ability to function effectively as a member of a team