Thank you for your interest in employment with our institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process, you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Upload all attachments ( i.e. resume, transcripts, etc. ) in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section. Y our application will not be considered without the required attachments.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com or (775) 445-4237.
This is a part-time, temporary/seasonal position. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis to establish an applicant pool. As vacancies occur, they are filled from the pool.
1. A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the specified discipline or a closely related field.
2. Experience teaching college level courses is preferred.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with college faculty, staff and students.
4. Experience with distance education/web-teaching modalities is desirable.
5. Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach assigned courses and be available to students during the contract period.
2. Prepare course syllabi, course outlines (if necessary) and related instructional materials.
3. Maintain student records, including attendance and grades.
4.Administer student evaluations.
5. Participate in orientation and faculty meetings as requested.
6. Participate in student retention activities as requested.
7. Promote college educational programs and services to the communities served by WNC.
- Unofficial Transcripts
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Newly hired faculty must assure that their official transcript is sent by the degree granting institution(s) to Western Nevada College, Human Resources Office within 30 calendar days from the effective date of employment.
Academic degrees must have been awarded by regionally accredited institutions.
Employment is contingent on the completion of appropriate background verification, which may include criminal history, credit history, sex and violent offender registry, education verification, licensure, and employment history to be administered by the Western Nevada College Human Resources office.