Do you love solving challenging problems, thinking in numbers and working in groups? Do you also have the self-motivation, curiosity, creativity and ability to persuade others toward meaningful results? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? If yes, then join our growing team!
RMI is leading the energy transition by creating market and technological solutions to impact Climate Change. RMI is seeking Associates or Senior Associates for our Climate Intelligent Solutions for Oil & Gas division.
RMI is looking to hire an Associate/Sr Associate within the Climate Intelligent program, with a focus on reducing methane and greenhouse gas emissions from the Natural Gas Supply Chain. Previous oil and gas industry experience or environmental compliance experience is highly regarded, as well as understanding of the science of methane emissions from the natural gas lifecycle. You will work with the Climate Intelligence Sr Leadership team to assist with analytics of operational and methane emissions, developing protocols for reducing emissions, and working to pilot protocols with Natural Gas upstream, midstream and downstream operators.
We invite candidates with a variety of skillsets, educational and work backgrounds. We will carefully review each application to determine the appropriate starting position level (Associate or Senior Associate), and this will be communicated during the interview process. Ideal start date is March 2021.
- Develop analytics and insights into the sources of methane emissions
- Assist in developing operational and MRV (Measurement, Reporting and Verification) protocols for reducing GHG emissions throughout the natural gas life cycle
- Manage stakeholder relations with natural gas producers, midstream operators, consumers, regulators, and technical experts.
- Offer technical assistance on emissions monitoring capabilities, greenhouse gas inventory calculations, and process engineering.
- Assist the team to stimulate demand for certified low-emission natural gas by using value propositions and tailored offerings to large natural gas buyers (electric and gas utilities, heavy manufacturers, etc.)
- Project manage consultants (scope, budgets, deliverables)
- Synthesize recommendations into clear and compelling presentations and written reports
- Present quantitative information in a clear, visual format
- Bachelor’s degree required (in an applicable field such as engineering, environmental or physical sciences). M.S. degree in a related field is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in Oil & Gas, in Energy and Environment, OR an advanced degree (or higher degree).
- Driven, entrepreneurial, demonstrates initiative and creativity
- Strong problem-solving, research and writing skills
- Commitment to eliminating methane emissions from the Oil & Gas value chain
- Excels at stakeholder engagement
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that these roles be located at one of our office locations (Boulder/Basalt, CO; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; D.C.). This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The incoming Associate salary range is $68,000 - $75,000 and the incoming Senior Associate salary range is $76,500-$85,000. Salary and level are dependent on experience that will be vetted throughout the interview process. Both levels have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 280 works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.