Admissions and Registration Specialist
32 - Classified
$12.11 - $16.15 per hour depending on education and experience, 40 hours per week, 12 mos. per year, benefit eligible
Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Generous Employer contribution toward the cost of this benefit
- Vacation Leave: Earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: Earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: 12 per year
- Retirement: Participates in MT Public Employees Retirement System; AND Employer match up to 7% for 403(b)
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents
Open until filled; however, the first review of application materials received is February 22, 2021
The Admissions and Registration Specialist provides quality and professional customer service and information regarding Admissions and Registration questions and procedures.
- Partners with students as their primary resource contact for admissions and registration; counsels students on admissions and registration related matters; responds to and resolves related questions, problems and general inquiries with quality customer service skills
- Conveys positive and welcoming messaging, and efficient and accurate responses to ensure excellent customer service standards
- Works closely and cooperatively with campus departments and related agencies on programmatic, financial, and compliance matters
- Performs the opening of the Admissions & Registration office for service daily
- Advises students on the application and placement testing process; connects students to Student Support Center; schedules appointments for students with advisors
- Meets program requirements; disseminates and maintains confidential records
- Performs accurate data input into information system to establish and update registration and student records; maintains files and reports; updates information according to policy and regulations
- Responsible for maintenance and retention of student registration records; performs accurate record keeping, reporting, and audits for compliance with state and federal legal regulations
- Participates in the Curriculog approval process for Directed Studies and interacts with students regarding the registration process
- Generates and distributes attendance records and grade rosters for faculty
- Participates actively and with initiative in continuous improvement efforts to provide efficient and quality admissions and registration services
- Creates and maintains a collaborative and collegial environment with colleagues and maintains effective working relationships
- Establishes and initiates effective and timely communications for employees and supervisor to assure sharing of interdepartmental information
- Processes all FVCC transcript and transmittals requests daily
- Processes and files Running Start registration
- Cross trains to perform other departmental and team functions; backfills and is able to process admissions applications
- Verifies student enrollments for outside agencies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Reports to the Admissions Associate
- Associate’s degree and two years of related experience; OR,
- High School degree or equivalent AND four years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience in an educational environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide quality customer service and collaboration by creating a welcoming and supportive environment
- Demonstrated skill in creating and managing a work climate of collegiality and team work
- Working knowledge, skill, and ability to operate computer applications and Student Information Systems
- Skill in taking initiative, being proactive, critical thinking, problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform administrative tasks effectively with frequent interruptions
- Ability to be adaptive in a continuously changing and fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the community
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships
- Demonstrated professional communication, diplomacy, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow and issue directions
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and be FERPA compliant
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, AND
- A current, comprehensive resume, AND
- Unofficial transcripts for ALL degrees held - if more than one transcript, combine and upload as one document. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior to hiring. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.)
- Three professional references, with complete contact information, must be provided on the application form. Professional references must be individuals most familiar with applicant's work experience, skills, work behaviors, and supervisory experience. Do not list family and friends for professional references.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS, AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.