The University of Illinois College of Medicine Rockford is seeking a Full-time Accountant I. This position assists the Director of Finance and Accounting in creating timely and accurate financial information. Responsibilities include KRONOS system maintenance, payroll approval and submission, accounting services, purchasing, preparation of monthly financial statements for all funding sources, assisting with budget preparation, and special projects related to the Rockford campus.
- Serves as the primary contact and maintains the KRONOS electronic time keeping system for the Rockford campus. Includes management of cost centers, general system setup, data validation and maintenance.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll feeder file submission to the Chicago campus.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Rockford campus along with Banner reports, and revenue and expense reports for Chicago in Excel by the 10th of each month. Prepare reconciliation of revenue on revenue and expense report with billing system (A/R) report.
- Assist in preparing various financial reports to compare performance with budget and prior year.
- Process purchase orders and purchasing card transactions in the University system
- Review and audit all travel reimbursement transactions for staff and faculty
- Act as a backup for the contracts administrator to record, submit and track contracts.
- Work with various Department Heads as needed with respect to financial activities within their unit.
- Assist with the development of budgets for all department accounts during budgeting processes.
- Assist in compiling State allocation budget for the Rockford Campus.
- Assist with report writing functions and queries within University accounting systems.
- Assist in all accounting activities throughout the year and at year-end.
- Assist in special projects and business plan activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the categories below:
- Work experience and or training in Accounting or a closely related field
- College course work and/or training in Accounting or a closely related field including 12 semester hours in accounting
- B. Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals 18 months
- C. 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- D. Bachelor's Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Computer skills including advanced knowledge and experience of Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to supervise, train, and coordinate activities of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff and public.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Comprehensive and Affordable Health/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Tuition Waivers
- Pension Plan
- 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Free Access to Health and Wellness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
Applications must be submitted through our application portal at https://jobs.uic.edu/Rockford by March 5, 2021. Applications submitted through the Indeed website will not be processed.
Please visit this website and select the Accounting I position in the dropdown. If you have further questions, please contact Human Resources at 815-395-5862.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary range: $19.00-$25.00/hr commensurate with experience.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place