North Carolina Wesleyan College, a four-year, Liberal Arts College located in Rocky Mount, NC. We are inviting applications for a full-time Admissions Counselor. The position will be located in Rocky Mount, NC.
Summary: Counsel incoming Rocky Mount Traditional Day students regarding the admissions process; assist in the development of institutional application and information materials; full advisement of prospective and current students; have a strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interface well with public; assist with recruitment and admission efforts as assigned by the Director of Admissions – Rocky Mount.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits students year round with heavy travel during the fall; cultivates prospective students by coordinating private visits with high schools, boarding schools, as well as college fairs, conferences and College Night programs. Communicate and maintain positive rapport with guidance counselors and alumni.
- Develop territory plan to enroll prospective students as a part of the stated enrollment goals of North Carolina Wesleyan College.
- Interview prospective students and their parents including appointments on weekends and evenings.
- Review and evaluate credentials of applicants for admissions decisions.
- Correspond via telecounseling and email with prospective students and applicants from assigned territory.
- Responsible for reporting all territory travel information in a timely manner including: collecting travel information (college fairs, private visits); sending confirmations out before deadlines; check requisitions (when applicable); making copies of travel itinerary available to the admissions staff. Responsible for the evaluation of college fairs and private visits in order to assess for future travel planning.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Recruitment in seasonal efforts as part of divisional effort to include on and off campus events and telemarketing programs.
- Provide a written weekly travel report of activities that include visits made, fairs attended, number of student’s contacted, professional contacts and phone calls made to prospects and applicants.
- Provide a monthly benchmark report to the Assistant Director of Recruitment.
- Develop a year-end report of all recruitment territory evaluations.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Recruitment to reach and/or surpass divisional enrollment goals.
- Position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Excellent public relation and organizational skills, problem solving, communication and counseling skills, and computer literate
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license and stamina for travel responsibilities
To apply please to go the North Carolina Wesleyan College website to download a Staff Application form. Please send completed application form, cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of 3 references to North Carolina Wesleyan College.