Roxbury Community College's Center for Smart Building Technology invites qualified certified instructors recognized by PHIUS (Passive House Institute US) to provide classroom instruction in PHIUS Certified Builders Training. These instructors work to provide the superinsulation, air-tight envelopes, energy recovery ventilation, high-performance window installation, strategies and components necessary for passive house construction. The PHIUS Builders Training program prepares construction professionals to meet the passive house challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute syllabi, which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, attendance policy, and other information for each course assigned.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their progress.
- Encourage use of support services by students. Collaborate with support services staff to ensure that information is being shared and discussed.
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar's office.
This position is open until filled.
- Be a PHIUS (Passive House Institute US) Certified CPHC Trainer.
- Teaching experience in higher education (community college experience is preferred).
- Experience with building carpentry, HVAC, Electrical, and Building technology.
- Three or more year's experience providing instruction to working professionals in the field of building energy management
- Two or more years employment in the field or industry.
- A bachelor's degree. (Note: Work experience may be substituted for degree. One year of work experience in instruction or industry is equivalent to one year of college degree work.)
- Familiarity with state and local codes and standards.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery. Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check. Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights