President/ CEO: Chamber of Commerce - Ozark, MO
Job Title: President/ CEOOzark Chamber of Commerce
Location: Ozark Chamber of Commerce, 1471 W. South St., Ozark, MO
Summary of Position: The mission of the Ozark Chamber of Commerce is: Strengthening Ozark through Economic Impact, Community Enrichment, and Individual Connection. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Chamber programs, affiliates, staff, budget, operations, and facilities. Key responsibilities include execution of the Chamber’s program of work, membership recruitment and retention, community relations, marketing and event planning, and assisting the City of Ozark and our regional partners with economic development initiatives. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors. The CEO must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be an effective motivator and consensus builder. The individual should be energetic, self-motivated and detail oriented.
Overview of Responsibilities: Working with the Board and Chamber staff, the CEO is responsible for the overall operations of the Chamber. The CEO is the chief spokesperson for the Chamber and must be able to represent the organization in a manner that develops and enhances the Ozark Chamber’s credibility as a center of influence and leadership within the community. Ozark Chamber membership is diverse and includes small businesses, start-up or home-based businesses, large corporations, government, public school entities, as well as nonprofit and charitable organizations. The CEO will be expected to communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities and groups.
The CEO is responsible for overseeing the continued development of Chamber membership as well as increasing new and recurring sources of non-dues revenue in order to grow the overall operating budget.
The CEO is responsible for the daily management of the Carl G. Hefner Enterprise Center, a 501(c)3 small business incubator, in partnership with the CGHEC board of directors.
The CEO is responsible for engaging with local, regional, and state partners such as the City of Ozark, the Ozark School District, local public safety entities, and more. In addition, the CEO will represent the organization through an advisory seat on the Board of Show Me Christian County (county economic development organization) and on the Advisory Council of the Springfield Regional Economic Partnership.
The CEO is responsible for ensuring that the Chamber offers programs and services of high value to the membership. They will be expected to creatively design programs that are innovative and successful. The Ozark Chamber facilitates OzarkLeads, the community leadership development program made possible through the Partnership in Progress, a collaboration between the Chamber, City, and school district.
The CEO is responsible for promoting and marketing all Chamber events, giving direction and oversight as to the design and production of the Chamber e-newsletter, membership directory, flyers, posters, press releases, etc.
The CEO must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with elected and appointed officials at all levels of government in order to develop appropriate advocacy strategies with the Board on behalf of their membership.
The CEO provides leadership to a large group of volunteers who are involved in all aspects of Chamber programs, projects and events.
Proficiencies: The CEO must be proficient in core accounting principles and basic practices of Robert’s Rules of Order. Must be highly proficient in Google Suite and QuickBooks, and comfortable with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Experience with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) software is preferred.
About the Opportunity: The Ozark Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is seeking an energetic, passionate and dynamic CEO with the ability to lead, build consensus, develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, represent the organization at the regional and state level, have strong communication skills and continue to ensure the Chamber remains relevant, impactful and purposeful. He/she is the spokesperson and champion for our members and must have the ability to influence and interact with key government, business and civic leaders. He/she will also be responsible for overseeing the Carl G. Hefner Enterprise Center, a 501(c)3 charitable business incubator. The CEO will work closely with the Board of Directors of both the Ozark Chamber and the Carl G. Hefner Enterprise Center to execute the strategic goals of both organizations.
Professional Experience/Qualifications: Ideal candidates will possess strong management and leadership skills with experience, including:
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing staff, as well as recruiting and managing volunteers. Strong abilities in organizational skills and multitasking.
- Community Engagement: Well versed in the dynamics and issues facing Ozark, MO as well as regional issues that impact the city.
- Financial Management: Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Team Builder: Ability to develop and support cohesive teams among diverse staff, board, and volunteers and move towards a shared vision. Interface with the community and elected leaders creating positive and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effective Communicator: Excellent verbal and written ability. Be an effective public speaker as our “voice” for the interests of the business community.
- Economic Development: Evaluate the competitiveness of Ozark against other markets and make/implement recommendations to improve/enhance our ability to attract, retain and grow businesses in Ozark. Support activities and projects that relate to the workforce, incentives, other business climate issues, and provide research for specific topics and issues.
- Program & Events Development and Growth: Experience in managing a range of events and meetings from small to large. The Ozark Chamber facilitates monthly events, annual events, ribbon cuttings, committee meetings, and more throughout the year.
- Marketing & Membership: Knowledge of marketing strategies and experience with membership sales and retention.
- Social Media: Understanding of the various social media platforms and how to maximize the Chamber’s brand awareness through these marketing channels.
EDUCATION: An undergraduate degree is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus.
COMPENSATION: A competitive compensation package will be made available to the qualified candidate. Health and retirement benefits are not available at this time.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a cover letter outlining qualifications and resume. No phone calls, please. Applications are accepted through March 2, 2021.
Related keywords: ceo, executive director, chief executive officer, president, president ceo
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Leadership Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail