Adjunct - Psychology
Job Code: 1119
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Social and Behavioral Sciences & Public Services
Positions Supervised: none
Location: Any KCKCC Location
Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) is currently searching for Adjunct faculty to teach psychology courses as assigned by the Dean of Social, Behavioral Sciences, and Public Services at any KCKCC location. This is a POOL position. Application materials for this adjunct position accepted on an on-going basis due to increasing demand for courses in this subject area.
- Conduct all class sessions according to schedule.
- Provide instruction, activities, assignments, and assessments to adequately cover all Student Learning Objectives for the specific course(s) taught.
- Use teaching methods that emphasize application, cooperation and collaboration, and engage students actively in their studies while encouraging them to become independent learners with higher-order thinking skills.
- Organize and explain content using methods which are appropriate to students with differing abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experience.
- Assign and provide timely feedback for in- and out-of-class work, monitor students' progress and maintain accurate record of students' performance.
- Perform adequate assessment and analysis of assessment according to college requirements.
- Reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of one's own pedagogy.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports to appropriate office(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Master's degree in Psychology or Counseling, or a Master's degree in another discipline with 18 credit hours of graduate Psychology or Counseling coursework.
- Teaching experience with a diverse population.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Teaching experience in an open enrollment, urban community college
- Experience with a Learning Management System such as Blackboard
- Experience in learner-centered pedagogy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours. Your appointment is contingent on sufficient enrollments, or on program and scheduling changes.
Pay grade level:
Compensation: $883 per credit hour
Employee category: Faculty
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty/ POOL
FLSA status: Exempt
Application Deadline/ To Apply:
Visit www.kckcc.edu and click on CAREERS for a list of available positions.
- As openings for adjunct faculty become available, candidates may be selected from this pool of applicants.
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.