- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
Reporting to the Vice Dean for Research and Strategic Innovations and working directly with Principal Investigators (PIs) of multiple federally- and non-federally-funded research studies, the Data Manager will be a core member of a high-performing, fast-paced, productive, and close-knit research support team within the Office of Scholarship and Research Development at Columbia University School of Nursing including two full-time Statisticians and a full-time Director, Senior Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant.
The Data Manager will be responsible for providing support for multiple research projects being conducted by Columbia Nursing faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and predoctoral students. The primary responsibilities of the Data Manager will include:
- Database security, merging, storage, management and cleaning;
- Ensuring that high quality data and the Integrity of the data are protected;
- Upgrading of database systems to meet the needs of research teams, ranging from senior scientists to new PhD students;
- Processing of data and preparing reports on various projects, including presenting data in charts, graphs, and tables;
- Conducting data analyses and power calculations for grant preparation;
- Collaborating with and facilitating communication with research team members ranging from senior scientists to new PhD students;
- Working closely with the School’s statistical team, including 2 faculty members;
- Completing a comprehensive analysis of primary and secondary data and meta-analyses in collaboration with PIs, research teams, and PhD students;
- Assisting with dissemination including the development of original abstracts and manuscripts;
- Performing other responsibilities and projects as needed and assigned.
- Effective in communication skills at multiple levels, and well-developed writing and presentation skills;
- Expertise in a variety of data management software (e.g., Excel,
- Access, REDCap, SQL, Python) and data management processes
- Experience in working with ‘big data’ (i.e., extremely large data sets that may be analyzed computationally to reveal patterns, trends, and associations, especially relating to human behavior and interactions)
- Healthcare system data experience a plus;
- The incumbent will think independently as well as perform tasks according to the directions of the PIs and faculty, students, and staff who are members of research teams.
The Incumbent will be under the general direction of the PIs of projects, and may supervise PhD students assigned to projects directly related to the data analysis.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus four (4) years of related experience.
Related experience in technology, information management, relational database management, data mining or statistics, including programming, managing and maintaining data systems.
The incumbent should have very strong mathematical skills and good technical knowledge, including strong knowledge in computers. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, SQL required. Advanced knowledge of statistical software, such as R, STATA, SAS required.
Experience with REDCap strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.