The Financial Assistance Advisor is responsible for providing financial aid support and counseling services to both incoming and existing students. This position oversees the daily processing flow and communicates updates to assigned students working through the Financial Aid Office. Advisors must possess critical-thinking skills and use a variety of communication methods and analytical skills to guide and encourage students through the financial aid process. Advisors must build and foster strong relationships with students to support their educational goals.
- Advises students about methods to pay for their education, financial aid eligibility, application procedures, financial assistance programs, costs, indebtedness, money management and financial planning; individualizes information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
- Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine financial aid eligibility and makes awards within federal, donor and/or institutional guidelines.
- Evaluates unusual/mitigating circumstance documentation or information provided by the student; exercises judgment by making adjustments or revisions to costs, contribution, need or dependency status as exceptions to the prescribed process.
- Answers questions, inquiries or requests from students, parents, or guardians in person or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
- Analyzes system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notify students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation.
- Interfaces with students and lenders, employers and/or Student Services staff to resolve concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in CampusVue Student database, preferred.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly master new methodologies, technologies and systems.
- Ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Able to interact with employees, potential students and outside contacts of all levels, providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituents.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
- A focus on students and academic excellence
- Professional work environment
- Talented and committed co-workers