The Undergraduate School of Business of the Kelce College of Business at Pittsburg State University invites applications for a tenure-earning position in Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and MBA courses in corporate finance and investments.
- There is also the potential to teach other finance courses depending on personal interests and schedule.
- Kelce College faculty members teach a nine-hour-per-semester load and are expected to maintain a successful scholarly research agenda.
- Additional expectations include student recruitment and advising, working with student organizations, and college, university, and public service.
Education and Experience
Required Education and Experience – Time of Hire:
- Doctorate in Finance from an accredited institution of higher learning; candidates with ABD status will be considered if they complete their degree by August 15, 2021.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Quality teaching experience.
- CFA® charterholder or other certification.
- Evidence of scholarly work.
Job Type: Unclassified, Faculty, Tenure Earning
Screening Services (Background Checks): Employment with Pittsburg State University is contingent on a satisfactory criminal background check.
Position Start Date: August 08, 2021
Application Documents Required*:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three references
*Consolidate documents into a maximum of 2 to upload
First Consideration Date: March 01, 2021; position will remain open until filled
Search Committee Chair: Fang Lin, Ph.D., Chair of Search Committee ( firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-235-4547)
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
PSU will only accept applications submitted through this process.
The Kelce College of Business
The Kelce College of Business is an AACSB-accredited business school offering undergraduate and masters-level programs.
For more information, see the Kelce College of Business web page at: https://www.pittstate.edu/business/index.html
Pittsburg State University is an accredited, comprehensive, state-supported institution in southeastern Kansas, enrolling approximately 6,000 students annually. The institution has Colleges in the fields of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, and Technology. For more information, see: http://www.pittstate.edu .
Pittsburg with a population of approximately 21,000 residents is located in southeast Kansas, about thirty miles from Joplin, Missouri, which has a metropolitan area population of about 50,000 residents. Kansas City is located 120 miles north; Tulsa, Oklahoma is 125 miles southwest; Wichita is 160 miles west; and Springfield, Missouri is 95 miles east. Air Travel is through Joplin Regional Airport, NW Arkansas Regional Airport, or Springfield Airport. For more information, see: http://www.pittks.org .