Position Title: Assistant Teacher * *
_ _Location: Greater Midland Coleman Family Center
Job Classification: Part-Time, 25-29 hours/week, No Weekends
Starting Pay: $10.00/hour
About the job: The purpose of this position is to supervise and insure the well-being of the children at all times, being alert for the needs and/or problems of the individual child as well as the group. There is a consistent interaction with children, parents/guardians and staff. Our main goal is to maintain positive working conditions and relationships.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily documentation of activities, progress, milestones, activities and Key Developmental Indicators.
- Engage with parents through written, verbal and social media platforms.
- Consistently engage at the child’s level throughout daily routine.
- Support lead teacher in daily activities.
- Meet basic needs including but not limited to diapering/toileting, food prep/service, supporting personal hygiene practices, and support physical, cognitive and social/emotional development.
- Build and maintain heathy and supportive relationships between children and parents.
- Ensure the safety of all children at all times.
- Complete 24 + hours of professional development per year.
- Complete CPR/First Aid as needed.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Earned a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, CDA credential preferred
- Experience working with children
- Physical, TB and Finger print clearance required
Benefits: As a part-time employee of Greater Midland you receive:
- Significant discounts on Greater Midland programs and services.
- Vacation and 401k benefits available based on eligibility requirements.
About Greater Midland: In 1919, the Midland Community Center opened its doors to the community, offering a gymnasium, bowling alley and meeting rooms. For over 90 years, Greater Midland has responded to the changing needs of a dynamic community, growing in physical size, locations and the number of services they provide to their members.
In 2015, the 501c3 underwent a brand change to unify its nine operating units serving Midland County, becoming
How to Apply: If you feel your skills and experience are a match for this position please click the link and fill out the application, you are able to attach resume and cover letter if applicable: https://form.jotform.com/200205700693142
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place