Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Philanthropy Associate. This position is located in River Forest, IL and reports directly to the Assistant Vice President for Development.
This position is responsible for engaging and developing a portfolio of donors and building philanthropic relationships with alumni, friends, parents, students, corporations, foundations and other potential donors in support of the mission and strategic priorities of Concordia University Chicago. This position manages donor and prospect relationships and identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors while working closely with volunteers, faculty and staff. The Philanthropy Associate holds the highest standards and practices of professional fundraising utilizing donor-centered methods. The Philanthropy Associate will travel regularly with occasional overnight travel within the U.S. for donor and prospect visits.
- Highly motivated and capable of working independently and as part of a collaborative team environment with high goals, direction and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly communicative, detail-oriented and well-organized with demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Non-profit volunteer/work experience preferred.
- Computer literacy required including an understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), relevant internet search skills and comfortable in donor database tracking programs.
- Adherence to the mission, vision and values of the University, as well as serving as a strong ambassador of same to all constituents.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 3-5 years of development/fund raising experience (Combinations of professional and voluntary experience and knowledge will be considered.)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Certification Licensure for CFRE preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more atCUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.