The College of Business at the University of Montana – Missoula invites applications for a Clinical, Assistant, or Associate Professor in Management. The tenurability of this position is negotiable. We will consider candidates with a Ph.D. in Management or closely related field from an AACSB-accredited program. Candidates with a related MS degree and extensive, high-level executive work experience will also be considered.
In addition to the advanced degree, candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching and research. Candidates must possess an interest and demonstrated ability in teaching and conducting research in one or more areas of management: organizational behavior, human resource management, entrepreneurship, small business, ethics, logistics or strategy. An active research agenda is required as well as business work experience.
Undergraduate teaching will be in the university’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program. Graduate teaching will be in the full-time and part-time MBA programs. Additional teaching opportunities exist in various micro-credential, certificate and corporate programs.
Faculty: Management Program
Title: Clinical, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor
Position Type: Academic
Closing Date: Screening begins 3/2/2021; applications accepted until further notice or until the position is filled
Schedule: Full time academic year position beginning fall semester 2021 in Missoula, MT
Entry Rate: Competitive salary range depending on experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance/Mandatory Retirement Contribution/Professional Development/Partial Tuition Waiver/Wellness
Primary Duties: Primary duties include teaching, scholarship, and service
- PhD in Management or closely related field from a school accredited by AACSB by date of appointment or MS degree and relevant work experience
- Superior academic background
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Potential for scholarship
- Ability to develop opportunities for students to work in practical settings
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, faculty, and external constituencies of the College of Business
- Creativity, resourcefulness, fairness, compassion, and initiative
- Evidence of innovation in teaching and scholarship
- Fluency with a variety of teaching modalities
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How To Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, March 1, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online only at http://umjobs.silkroad.com.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send applications directly to the University of Montana College of Business. Applications sent directly to the College of Business will not be considered or forwarded to Human Resource Services. Only applications submitted through the UM online applicant system will be considered. No exceptions.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Teaching Evaluations