At Way Finders, we light pathways and open doors to homes and communities where people thrive. The largest nonprofit housing provider in Western Massachusetts, Way Finders also specializes in housing counseling, financial and first-time home buyer education, employment training, neighborhood revitalization, and a variety of other services throughout the region. The need for Way Finders’ programs and services is great, and continues to grow each year. Whether a person is experiencing a housing crisis, in need of rental assistance, or ready to purchase a first home, our Housing Centers provide a welcoming, accessible space for counseling, assistance, training and placement, and ongoing support. During our last fiscal year, Way Finders services impacted 47,000 men, women, and children in the region. Stable housing is the platform upon which we work with our clients to help them to meet their own goals and to thrive. As families thrive, so do the communities in which they live.
Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. We are seeking a Program Data Specialist to assist in data development, tracking and implementation of quality control procedures to ensure compliance with state, federal and program requirements. The Program Data Specialist assists in training staff to ensure continued understanding and compliance with program rules and regulations, helps ensure the successful delivery of program services, collects and tracks data, and runs reports.
- Conduct audits in accordance with HOME policy to ensure compliance with state, federal and program requirements;
- Maintain database and systems to track performance and findings, and report to management;
- Ability to manipulate findings from a database to graphical aides;
- Educate and advise staff on policies, procedures, regulations, community concerns and issues;
- Respond to requests for information from auditors, other agency departments or funding sources;
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal staff and departments, owners, landlords, community groups, funding sources, and other related departments or agencies to achieve goals;
- Demonstrate the ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills. Utilizes independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Assist in the research and resolution of software issues, including updates;
- Proactively identify and inform the Manager and SVP of any issues that may adversely affect the department or organization;
Serve as back-up support to the Manager and/or Program Associate when they are out of the office.
- 4 year degree in public administration or business related field;
- Minimum of 4 years experience within the field of administrative support;
- Demonstrated ability to use computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database products, and Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) in group settings;
- Collect and analyze data to determine compliance with regulations, policies and rules;
- Current and valid drivers license and the ability to perform position duties from multiple Way Finders locations as necessary;
- Highly proficient in PC based computer software and databases such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft Excel, and Salesforce.
This position requires an individual who can work independently. Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant subject matter such as social services; minimum of 4 years of experience in relevant field is required. Wage between $19.62-$23.55 depending on qualifications plus excellent benefits. Applications accepted until position is filled; interested candidates must submit resume and cover letter.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.