Payroll Senior Analyst
Payroll and Tax Services
Perform and analyze payroll and tax functions according to established policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, and review documents in order to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Provide instruction, advice, and specialized assistance for institutional tax matters, including but not limited to sales tax, foreign national withholding tax, mixed beverage tax, payroll tax, and unrelated business income tax.
- Ability to prepare payroll and tax reports or reconciliations to perform analysis and ensure goals are met and compliance is maintained. This includes researching and presenting viable options to ensure compliance.
- Provide departmental support by providing assistance to team members and maintain procedures in electronic department manual.
- Ability to manage time in a fast-paced environment with expectations to complete tasks assigned as well as developing knowledge of departmental processes.
Bachelor's degree plus two years of related experience; OR combination of education and experience to equal six years.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient knowledge and efficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge and previous experience with accounting systems.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.