Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP.
Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) is a multimedia, service-focused communications and marketing operation that leads in shaping the impression of AARP by providing communications planning, marketing, support and execution for AARP’s strategic business units.
The Experience Metrics Sr. Advisor reports directly to the AARPx Director, Experience Metrics and leads the understanding and adoption of CX measurement strategies across the enterprise. By partnering with internal AARP Experience teams and leveraging existing relationships with other business units, this position uncovers opportunities to work with business units external to AARP Experience and leads the integration of CX metrics into how success is measured.
This position requires the ability to collaborate across a complex organization and demonstrates excellent understanding of, and ability to work within, organizational politics, networks, and a matrix management system. The Experience Metrics Sr. Advisor will recommend and develop balanced scorecards, incorporating CX metrics that are meaningful to the business to drive member success and loyalty, and enticing new members to join.
- Identify opportunities to expand adoption of CX metrics including VOC data into balanced scorecards. Create relationships with and proactively engage business units in the creation of balanced scorecards. Identify specific opportunities where business and CX goals may seem in conflict and resolve the tension by putting AARP’s Consumer Commitment into practice. Map journey frameworks. Work with business units to document current state business metrics and identify opportunities to be more consumer-centric. Use bright spot analysis to gather sharable insights and create efficiencies in meeting and exceeding consumer expectations across departments and business units.
- Identify and gather CX metrics. Support the enablement of AARP employees to self-manage CX optimization through development of documentation and repeatable processes.
- Create balanced scorecards to track both CX and Business KPIs. Build use cases through which the organization can identify and understand the causality between low-level operational metrics and higher-level strategic CX metrics presented to executives.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the ability to keep the higher level view, to help establish priorities that can be communicated to all stakeholders involved.
- Problem-solve complex questions by using data in creative ways.
- Exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manage projects across multiple business units with potentially competing priorities toward one goal.
- Negotiate and mediate conflicts of interest, working through what is needed and what can be achieved within given time constraints.
- Provide insights and solutions where needed to keep projects moving forward and escalate stalled projects.
- Ensure communication channels between all business units on any particular project are in place and working effectively at all times so that all are informed of current project status and any potential issues that could impact a project as they arise.
- Proactively manage expectations through clear and frequent communications.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have customer experience and program/project management background, with a proven ability to manage peer groups toward a common goal.
- 7+ years of proven customer-centric experience, in a CX or related discipline.
- Must have extensive experience with VOC data using the Clarabridge platform (or a similar text analytics platform) guiding categorization, text analysis, sentiment tuning, dashboard development, analysis and reporting.
- The candidate must know how to work in a collaborative manner, establish new customer engagement methodologies, as well as have significant direct response marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience communicating at all levels.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
At AARP, the health and well-being of our candidates, employees, and members is a top priority. As a result of the COVID pandemic, all interviews will be held virtually and all non-essential employees will continue to work remotely until further notice. AARP has established social distancing policies to ensure the safety of our essential employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.