Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
The Sr. Administrative Coordinator will provide a range of general administrative support to the Vice President for Technical Leadership & Innovations (TLI), including high level, confidential and professional functions. The Sr. Administrative Coordinator plays a key role in conserving the VP’s time and focus, and ensuring appropriate communication between the Vice President, key internal and external executives, field operations, and employees. The Sr. Administrative Coordinator will also provide management support across the department, including providing administrative support to select teams, supporting departmental meetings, events and activities, managing procurements and contracts and working closely with the Director, Operations & Management to develop and manage workplans and budgets.
- Support VP’s day-to-day administrative support needs, including establishing appointment priorities and maintaining VPs calendar and appointment schedule, supporting meetings (preparing agendas and materials, taking notes) and managing all aspects of VPs travel (travel arrangements, agendas, expense reports, etc.).
- Proactively stay abreast of key requests, tasks and due dates to ensure timely completion. Request information and actions on behalf of the VP and ensure that these requests are fulfilled efficiently and effectively. Review, analyze and cull incoming material and data and summarize the content to brief the VP regarding important issues or conflicts as they arise.
- Communicate with and manage high level relationships with internal and external global and domestic partners. Compose complex correspondence requiring understanding of Jhpiego’s mission, priorities and VP’s role. Appropriately handle confidential, sensitive and proprietary information.
- Assist in the preparation and management of departmental annual workplans and budgets, reconcile expenses, review monthly financial reports and liaise with finance and accounting staff to resolve issues.
- Manage all aspects of procurement including putting in place vendor, contract and consultancy agreements, reconciling invoices and tracking payments.
- Provide administrative and management support to select TLI teams.
- Assist in organizing and provide logistical support to departmental internal events, including retreats, trainings, and workshops.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- 5+ years' experience providing administrative support at the executive level
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly motivated, goal oriented and self-starter with ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality in fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and work with little direction
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple competing responsibilities and assignments
- Strong service orientation and ability to work collaboratively with both peers and senior level staff
- Ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups
- Superior demonstrated MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Knowledge of or interest in international public health
- Experience with SAP or similar program