Para Educator – General McLane
Help children take the steps they need to further their education in a healthful and therapeutic environment.
Elizabeth Lee Black School is seeking a full time Para Educator to work at General McLane School District. As a Para Educator, you will be providing support to children with significant disabilities in a classroom setting. Responsibilities include helping children achieve their potential through the wide range of educational opportunities at the School; monitoring/reporting behavioral concerns, reinforcing academic subjects, assisting the teacher with recreational activities and implementing students’ IEPs.
We are committed to providing a safe environment throughout the hiring process, orientation, and at the worksite. Covid training, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, and ample PPE as needed. The Elizabeth Lee Black School safety plan is available at https://bit.ly/35y8Spo
Qualifications for Para Educator – General McLane:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Associate’s Degree or 48 credits of post-secondary education OR high school diploma/equivalent with Para Professional Certification
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Eligibility for State Police Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse History Clearance
- FBI clearance required for individuals who do not meet PA residency requirements
We offer competitive wages, ongoing training and flexible scheduling for both Full- and Part-Time positions. In addition, Full-Time employees receive a generous benefits package which includes:
Medical & Time Off
- Medic al/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Short-Term Disability available
Bonuses & Opportunities
- 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Tenure track that includes a wage increase based on years of service in the position
- Eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- Available $250 bonus through Employee Referral Program
- Paid training
Who is Barber National Institute?
The Barber National Institute is a non-profit committed to its mission of providing the highest quality services for children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities or behavioral health challenges and their families. Since our founding in 1952, we have evolved into a multi-faceted organization serving more than 6,200 individuals annually with a wide range of educational, vocational, residential and behavioral health programs.
Get hired with one of Barber National Institute's #JobsInErie
We are an affirmative action federal contractor equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact HR. EOE