Unit: CEU Vienna Campus
Open for Employee Referral
Application deadline: Open until filled
Starting date: As soon as possible
Central European University (CEU) seek applications from highly qualified candidates for the position of External Relations Manager in Vienna Austria.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) for a fixed term of one year (maternity cover) with a possibility of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build CEU’s brand in Vienna and across Austria (vis-à-vis media, public entities, companies, individual prospects, associations, foundations, international organizations, embassies, and civil society). Following up with what has already been achieved.
- Identify and engage with potential funders and influencers, developing contacts and setting up strategies for engagement of prospective funders to successfully solicit and steward private funding with a view to creating long-term relationships with a growing network of donors
- Deliver a series of high-impact, high-profile strategic events, including CEU’s 30th anniversary celebrations in June 2021, building CEU’s profile in Vienna and Austria (and in the broader German-speaking world)
- Liaise with the Rector/ate on protocol issues and strategic outreach activities
- Support CEU’s Austrian affairs and scientific engagement strategy with the Austrian Affairs team, faculty and relevant departments, the regional development office, and the district mayor’s office
- Support CEU's media and communication strategy by helping achieve overall organizational objectives; engaging effectively with stakeholders; and demonstrating the impact of CEU research
- Experience (7-10+ years) of successful fundraising, philanthropy and/or business development activities in Vienna/Austria, in Europe and beyond
- Experience in the higher education, scientific research, NGO, or charity sectors highly desirable
- Solid knowledge of key funding actors and regulatory framework for philanthropy in Austria
- Strong knowledge of the Austrian political system, and the ability to draft briefing materials for meetings with relevant actors
- Knowledge and experience in the field of science communication tools and networks
- Familiarity with Viennese/Austrian media landscape
- Event planning experience (ranging from small workshops to international conferences, minimum 10 events per annum)
- Native German and English at a native level
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Experience with budget management and coordinating multi-unit project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable self-starter with ability to handle requests in a fast-paced environment and deliver results on time
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels within a complex organization; familiarity with matrix reporting desirable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following materials in a single pdf document:
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample (up to 2 pages)
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2020/072
Employee Referral Program application:
If one of our employees have drawn your attention to this job opportunity, please apply via this email address, and mention our colleague in the cover letter: advert072Referral@ceu.edu - including job code in the subject line: 2020/072.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).