This position is responsible for paying all payables and managing encumbrances of the college, except for payroll.
HS Diploma or specialized courses certificate with six months to two years of accounts payable required. Associate Degree in Business or accounting, preferred.
Additional skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word). Excellent customer service skills. General accounting principles as related to accounts payable. Ability to work independently and coherently communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Create purchase orders from approved requisitions.
- Processes invoices and purchase orders for payment.
- Processes checks/ACH payments to vendors. Manage third party vendors list and reports.
- Communicates with vendors and college staff regarding items submitted.
- Manage encumbrances, enter, monitor and prepare budgets reports on the college tracking system.
- Manage college credit card and reconcile accounts payable on a monthly basis.
- Process year-end tax forms (1098-T and 1099-MISC).
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status: Full-Time
Priority Deadline: January 31, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
- Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to the Director of Human Resources at 620-417-1120.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
- Completed and signed Seward County Community College application. For the SCCC employment application click HERE
- Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
- Copies of transcripts or copies of relevant certifications.
**If employed, official transcripts will be required within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S.. standards).
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Accounts Payable Clerk
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
More information about Seward County Community College can be found at www.sccc.edu and SCCC facts.
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
Clery Act Campus Safety and Security Report
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Campus