1. Aligns workforce and training programs with academic, industry and public sector needs.
2. Plays a key role in developing effective partnerships with businesses and industries in the identification of training needs, including conducting quantitative and qualitative training needs assessments, and development of customized workforce solutions.
3. Provides leadership in course and programmatic design, instructional delivery and assessment activities, conducting research and analysis to evaluate viability of new and existing non-credit programs.
4. Advises business and industry partners, agencies, community organizations on grant options to support prospective and incumbent workforce skills improvement.
5. Provides management oversight of all noncredit curriculum planning, program development and implementation, and program review, supervision and leadership to staff.
6. Provides leadership in strategic planning, budget development, and the
creation and assessment of institutional effectiveness measures in all assigned areas.
7. Serves as the College’s liaison to a variety of economic and workforce training agencies, employer partner organizations, and other state, local and College committees as appropriate.
8. Oversees the development of marketing strategies and outreach processes leading to enrollment and programmatic recognition and growth.
9. Develop and deliver revenue producing programs in workforce education and training (including customized corporate and business training).
10. Develop non-credit to credit opportunities with the various credit areas within the College.
11. Develop and implement quality control systems for the effective delivery of credit and non-credit instruction throughout the College and at corporate locations.
12. Develop, implement and monitor annual unit budgets, grant budgets and contract budgets relating to unit activities.
13. Oversee all aspects of the evaluation of professional and support staff involved in customized training, occupational skills training and general interest continuing education throughout the College and at corporate locations.
14. Comply with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations.
15. Complete all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Public Administration or other related field.
2. Preferred Masters Degree from an accredited institution in one of the above fields.
3. Ten years of progressively responsible managerial experience in higher education with at least five years of leadership responsibility in workforce development programs.
4. Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, students and other constituencies in positive and inclusive ways.
5. Background in workforce development and training, needs assessment, grant development, and grants administration.
6. Ability to think and act strategically with demonstrated success in managerial and leadership roles.
7. Excellent presentation and communication skills.
8. Demonstrated experience in non-credit course/curriculum development with practical involvement in developing and implementing a variety of credit, noncredit and short-term credit programs.
9. Proven ability in executive writing skills.
10. Evidence of an ability to be innovative and/or entrepreneurial.
Special Instructions for Applicants Published Salary Range $100,000-$110,000 Job Open Date 01/20/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/Staff Application Types Accepted Main App - Applicant