Adjunct faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing high quality learning experiences for all Cleveland Community College students. Adjunct faculty report to a dean or vice president and perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the College.
1. Teach on and off campus classes as assigned, including online, Career and College Promise and Early College High School.
2. Teach appropriate course content.
3. Follow course syllabus.
4. Check and answer email multiple times each week.
5. Be available via traditional or electronic means for assistance, for responding to questions, or otherwise assisting the students in a timely manner (response times must be reflected in the course syllabus and those response times must be adhered to).
6. Maintain Web attendance; complete by the published deadline.
7. Submit grades, grade history reports, and other required reports on time.
8. Require completion of student evaluations.
9. Allow and encourage participation in other College-required surveys (i.e. CCSSE).
10. Participate in College-required training.
11. Ensure the accessibility of all course content and activities to maximize learning opportunities for every student.
12. Remain current on methods of teaching with technology and incorporate instructional technologies to augment instructional delivery and facilitate learning.
13. Use the College Learning Management System to deliver online instruction, enhance on campus instruction in all classes, and post the course syllabus and other handouts.
14. Ensure quality by complying with all criteria in the adopted course evaluation template for online and hybrid courses.
15. Follow the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) privacy requirements when disseminating student information.
16. Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a collegial environment.
17. Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incident to the work described herein.