Review documents and process accounts related to Payroll to facilitate all payroll functions; maintains Banner (Ellucian) payroll accounts and creates related reports; works with employees to ensure timely Payroll payment.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED:
Review and process insurance benefits applications and related documentation for
completeness, accuracy, and compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Coordinate matters with the campus business offices and/or departments.
- Balance and control earnings and deduction totals.
- Audit subsidiary ledgers that balance with the general ledger to support financial reports.
- Prepare and file tax reports.
- Process garnishment and levies.
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records.
- Process new hires into Payroll system.
- Determine and correct out of balance conditions.
- Maintain and correct services rendered payments as it relates to Board Policies and
- Maintain time and attendance records.
Analyze, record and tabulate payroll and insurance transactions.
- Coordinate the payments to outside contractors.
- Calculate “on line” checks as required.
- Monitor and verify city residency and work location for all employees.
- Process miscellaneous deductions (union dues, United Way, Art & Education,
STLCC Foundation, Annuities, etc.)
- Maintain W-2 and pay stubs for all employees.
- Serve a backup to Payroll Supervisor.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience or the equivalent of ten (10) or more years payroll experience required.
Banner experience and accounting knowledge of the general ledger preferred.
Evidence of strong communication skills. Excel experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants the job is based at:
3221 McKelvey Road
Bridgeton, MO 63044
This position was posted for internal applicants only for 5 working days. It is now open to both internal and external applicants.