Intake and Navigation Specialist
Location: Tawas City, MI
Application Deadline: January 24, 2021
Northeast Michigan Community Service Agency, Inc. (NEMCSA) is a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency, whose Mission is to provide quality programs and services to strengthen and enhance the self-sufficiency of individuals, families and communities through the best use of human and financial resources, focusing on those who are experiencing an economic hardship.
What You'll Do:
This position assists with the coordination and operation of the programs under the Centralized Intake umbrella. This includes data entry of client information and maintenance of client information (changes/updates), integrity of data, and information compilation and collection of eligibility documents for specific assistance and receipt of services. This position also assists with coordination and maintenance of scheduling, product ordering, delivery and distribution records for TEFAP. Provides support with coordinating activities of TEFAP site managers and TEFAP volunteers. This position represents NEMCSA programs to all persons seeking assistance or information via in-person, telephone, web, mail or other referral process. Will champion the cultivation of relationships with intra agency and interagency referral sources, community agencies, and individuals by providing client-centered program information, intake services and requested referrals. Maintains knowledge of community and agency programs that may benefit or be of interest to individuals reaching out for assistance. Promotes a professional, inclusive and caring environment for all persons seeking information or support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with client applications and securing the needed documents according to program regulations and guidelines, calculating income eligibility, approval or denial of applications, and data enter new client applications insuring all data is complete and up to date into various internal and external databases;
- Maintain knowledge of program guidelines and qualifications for all Central Intake programs; Assist with all client services programs as requested;
- General copying and filing duties as requested;
- Maintain working knowledge of all Central Intake program required documents, processes and procedures
- Support Central Intake in the development of program specific materials such as intake and prescreen applications, eligibility questionnaires, program pamphlets and community informational brochures, as assigned
- Consistently cross-trains with other HCS staff to maintain knowledge of programs and processes Provide individuals with a comprehensive explanation of services and eligibility requirements as requested
- Compile and process intake documents and required outcome documents for all Central Intake program
- Answers and directs all incoming phone calls;
- Provide initial intake, information and referral assistance to referral agencies and program participants;
- Act as a liaison for NEMCSA programs by providing relevant and accurate program information, program pre-screen services and program referrals as required;
- Directs in-person traffic, web-based referral requests and general program callers to promote increased access to services, efficient response to inquiry and public awareness regarding NEMCSA programs and services; Maintain knowledge of all NEMCSA programs;
- Consistently cross-train with other staff to maintain knowledge of programs and processes;
- Prescreen applicants for program eligibility through in-person meetings as well as phone interviews while providing initial case management, referral and guidance and comprehensive explanation of all agency services and eligibility requirements in an empathetic, understanding manner;
- Provide accurate and timely information for program staff so that intra-agency referrals can be assessed to determine if the individual is eligible for services as defined by the program guidelines in an expedient manner;
- Provide individuals with a comprehensive explanation of services and eligibility requirements as requested; Enter program and client information into appropriate databases as assigned;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Employees in this position must possess close and distance vision and: Occasionally are required to:
- Walk, Climb or balance, Taste or smell, Drive or have the ability to drive, Work irregular or extended hours, Twist at the neck or trunk, Read typed or written word, Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly are required to: Stand, Sit, Use hands to finger, handle or feel Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, Reach with hands or arms, Use repeated hand, arm or finger motion, Frequently are required to:Talk or Hear Lift up to 10 pounds.
What We’ll Love About You:
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma / GED with 1 to 3 years’ experience in data entry utilizing Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Access is required. Ability to multi-task with proven exceptional customer service and phone skills are required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Employees in this position must possess reliable transportation and a valid Michigan driver license.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Work & Pay: As a part of our family, you will work approximately 40 hours per week. Wage starting at $10.91-$12.93 dependent on education and experience.
- To keep you healthy: Medical/Rx, Vision & Dental insurance at no cost for employee.
- To help prepare you for the future: Profit Share, Life & Disability Insurance
- For Work/Life balance: Paid lunch hours, numerous holidays, generous vacation time and sick days.
- Student Loans: Employment with NEMCSA may qualify you for student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Ready To Apply?
Only applications through our Career portal at www.nemcsa.org will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on January 24, 2021
Educational documentation is required at the interview.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com - No resumes please.
A Few Words From Legal:
The chosen applicant will be required to complete a Criminal History Authorization and Disclosure form allowing us to conduct appropriate background checks to determine eligibility for employment. Failure to submit documentation will result in an ineligibility for hire within this program.
Upon request auxiliary aids and services will be made available to individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center “Voice and TTY/TDD” 1-800-649-3777
. An EOE.
Notice: NEMCSA participates in E-Verify. For more information, please view our eVerify disclaimer at www.nemcsa.org/careers/.