Job TitleDirector of Nursing/Allied Health
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
Yuba College is seeking an equity-minded, dynamic, collaborative, and innovative employee to serve as the Director of Nursing/Allied Health.
This Academic Administrator, under the specific supervision of the Dean of Applied Academics and general supervision of the Executive Vice President has direct responsibility for the administrative decision-making processes directly relating to the educational programs in Allied Health including but not limited to programs in Nursing, Radiologic Technology, and Psychiatric Technology and other programs as assigned.
Essential Duties Summary
• Providing district-wide leadership to the following Nursing Programs: Associate Degree Nursing, LVN to RN Career Ladder, Radiologic Technology, Psychiatric Technology, Allied Health Continuing Education, and any other nursing or Allied Heath offerings that might be established.
• Facilitating in collaboration with faculty, in the development/updating and implementation of the Allied Health curriculum, department and program policies and procedures in accordance with accreditation requirements, and college policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records including student attrition, clinical site approvals, faculty approvals, meeting minutes, prepare and submit required reports and statistics to state and/or federal agencies.
• Preparing, updating and submitting reports such as program reviews, that reflect planning for sufficient faculty, staff, and equipment to maintain, change or expand programs according to district needs. Participating in ongoing, systematic program evaluation by students, faculty and health care providers as required by nursing boards.
• Supervising all Nursing Department and Allied Health faculty and classified staff including determining work assignments and workloads.
• Supervising the department budget including planning for purchases to meet faculty and student needs, maintain current media and computer software and update library reserve and supplemental resource books for student and faculty use.
• Initiating, updating and maintaining current contractual agreements with district agencies to provide adequate clinical practicum sites for all programs.
• Promoting nursing education to the general public through community contacts, mass media contacts and participation in related community activities, as well as orientation for students new to the nursing education programs.
• Overseeing collection and maintenance of mandated student records including physical forms, immunizations, yearly TB testing, CPR certifications and drug screening to meet requirements of State Boards of Nursing and Affiliating Agencies.
• Initiating catalog changes as needed to keep information current. Assist with website updates and program brochures to ensure that prospective students have access to current information.
• Scheduling of courses; monitoring use of available classrooms and clinical sites to meet the needs of students at each level and in each program; overseeing the ordering of textbooks for all nursing courses; assigning students to clinical groups.
• Scheduling, supervising, directing and evaluating department faculty and staff according to district policy. Plan and schedule Allied Health flex activities. Maintain and monitor for accuracy college and district reports.
• Scheduling and chairing of department meetings and maintenance of meeting minutes in accordance with regulatory agency requirements. Calling and holding regularly scheduled advisory board meetings.
• Participating in counseling of students with performance/academic issues/complaints related to programs including advising students of complaint process when appropriate.
• Participating in selection, evaluation and retention of academic and classified staff.
• Participating in ongoing, systematic program evaluation by students, faculty and health providers. Work with faculty to implement changes when indicated.
• Maintaining and monitoring all program applicants (ex. RN, RN step-up program) for step-up, returning, and international students.
• Attending appropriate professional meetings and related seminars/workshops.
• Maintaining CCCCO grants, complete required reports, monitor budgets, and update applications as necessary to maintain grant funded positions.
• Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Dean or the Vice President of Academic and Student Services.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators:
Hold a current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse and be free from any disciplinary action by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• The Registered Nurse Director of the program shall have:
• A Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or University which includes course work in nursing, education or administration;
• One years’ experience in an administrative position with validated performance of administrative responsibilities consistent with section 1420(h);
• Two years’ experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure nursing programs; and
• One years’ continuous, full-time or is equivalent experience direct patient care as a registered nurse; or
•Equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the board.
Executive office environment
Subject to constant interruptions.
Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
Seeing to read various materials.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations.
Range/StepRange 34, Management Salary Schedule
Salary Range$91,620 - $106,284/YR.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $24,273 annually with currently no out of pocket expenses to employees or dependents for monthly premiums.
The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS) or the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), 457/403b options, 12 sick days, 22 vacation days, 19 holidays, 223 day/12 month contract.
The Yuba Community College District spans eight counties and nearly 4,200 square miles of territory in rural, north-central California. It has colleges in Marysville and Woodland, along with educational centers and outreach operations at Beale Air Force Base, Clearlake, Yuba City, and in Williams. For more information about YCCD please visit the website at www.yccd.edu
The vision of the Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees is to ensure student success by:
• Providing an innovative and world-class learning environment;
• Building and maintaining an atmosphere of trust within the college district and with our communities;
• Developing and maintaining programs and facilities that best meet the needs of our students and communities;
• Stewarding resources strategically to meet the diverse needs of our communities and region;
• Providing educational, economic, cultural, and civic leadership for our communities and region.
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Review Start Date01/29/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Management Application, Resume, Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity statement (attached in a Word document or PDF) and a Cover letter/letter of interest that addresses the required Leadership and Management Competencies, specifically how your experience and professional qualifications have prepared you to serve in this capacity, not to exceed 5 pages.
All application materials must be received no later than the first review date of the applications.