Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Instructional Design Senior Specialist is responsible for supporting the management in the implementation of technology enhanced learning for all faculty enhancement programs and provide support to faculty based upon a full understanding of a professional or specialized area of work.
- Assist the Director in facilitating coaching and training sessions to Khalifa University faculty regarding online teaching methods and STEM instruction best-practices
- Work with subject matter experts to identify their technology training needs
- Contribute to the development of excellent technology-supported learning at the University, including informing and shaping future strategic development
- Collaborate with academic staff in supporting and contributing to content creation and adaptation for the VLE (virtual learning environment)Provide training to academic staff including pedagogical guidance, as well as the technical aspects of online course design and legal requirements (copyright, accessibility, and disability legislation)Advise staff of best practice models and guidelines on fully online or blended course design and delivery for use by faculty
- Possess in-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models, lesson and curriculum planning skills, basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge, visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)Write effective copy, instructional text, and audio and video scripts
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Create supporting materials/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.)Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course and maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Work with faculty on the design and development of web, multimedia, and instructional content that will be used in on-campus courses
- Assist faculty to employ the use of instructional technology and develops and delivers technical training sessions and workshops for them
- Carry out training on tutoring techniques, learning styles, adult learning theory, and tutoring students with special needs
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of courses, providing end-user support to faculty on technology-supported learning
- Develop training materials and works with faculty on troubleshooting technical course design issues
- Disseminate good practice and innovative use of learning technologies in order to promote effective pedagogies in online teaching practice
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or instructional design
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar relevant field is preferred
- Expats: A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals : A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).