This job has Expired
Title:Food Service Manager
Functional Title:General Manager
Category Status:33-Exempt Regular
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:1.00
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
Benefits SummaryTop Benefits and Perks:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management, Business or Related Field OR Culinary AA Degree plus 7 years of experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Five years of restaurant or catering experience, in both front of house and back of house functions, at least three of which were Management experience.
- Experience in the management of alcoholic beverage service and bar management required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the principles and procedures of high volume food service operations and of restaurant and food service trends.
- Outstanding leadership, guest service, hospitality, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse work team with a range of skills at multiple locations.
- Skill and knowledge of food production and service, ordering food, beverages and supplies inventory control, food safety and cost controls, thorough knowledge of Department, University, State and Federal HR policies, procedures and laws.
- Ability to operate a variety of computers and use food production inventory, and HR software. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting, financial statements and the principles of staff scheduling, cost control and inventory control.
- Strong knowledge of the principals of food production, cooking and preparation; of food and food service marketing, of food products and menu development; of food-service environmental best practices; ability to read, interpret and implement long and short term planning in response to data.
- Strong knowledge and skill in both “front of house” and “back of house” operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both the club membership, the golf course leadership and the various campus stake holders.
Experience in Golf Course Club House or private club dining facility preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with less than 5 points.
- Prince George’s County Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification, and TiPS or equivalent alcoholic beverage management certificate required within 90 days of hire.
- FMP or ACF Culinary certification preferred.
Job RisksNot Applicable to This Position
The University of Maryland is a non-smoking, drug free, weapon free campus.
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date12/28/2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*