This job has Expired
Do you have a strong aspiration to assist co-workers meet deadlines and work in a dynamic environment?
Are you a self-starter who is always looking for ways to do things better or more efficiently?
Are you a critical thinker who is also well organized and able to anticipate what will be needed next?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to help us streamline and support the vital functions of Highly Classified IT Services (ICH) and Highly Classified Compliance (ICO).
As a member of our team, you'll play a key role in supporting the Group Supervisors, contributing to the smooth functioning of our critical IT and compliance activities.
You will be part of a dedicated team of professionals, where your organizational skills and attention to detail will have a direct impact on our efficiency, effectiveness, and success.
Our team is committed to maintaining the highest standards in our specialized fields, and your role will be important in helping us achieve our operational goals. We strive to create an environment that values precision, professionalism, and proactive support. In this role, you will join a group that appreciates the importance of your contributions to the larger mission of providing secure and reliable IT services.
As an Executive Administrative Assistant....
Your primary responsibility will be to act as a pivotal support figure within the groups, primarily performing administrative duties focused on enhancing group efficiency and culture. This will encompass a range of activities and initiatives that support the smooth operation and positive work environment of our teams.
- Actively contribute to and shape the group's culture, reflecting and driving forward the vision and strategy set by leadership.
Coordinate office furniture requests and purchases for the department ensuring delivery, storage, surplus all within available budget.
- Be an authority on our onboarding team responsible for welcoming new staff to the group.
Ensure that staff members are set up for success on day one by coordinating office space, furniture, and IT resources.
Be responsible for supplies management, taking charge of procuring vital items and managing inventory to keep our operations running smoothly.
Coordinate various administrative tasks, such as scheduling, meeting coordination, travel arrangements, and processing travel claims.
Assist in handling project workflows, contributing to the overall efficiency of our IT service delivery.
Provide logistical support for group and section meetings, including coordination, scheduling, and handling security clearances for meeting participants (if required).
Serve as a liaison between the group and other groups at the administrative level, ensuring effective communication and smooth workflows.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Admin, Management, Communications or related business field, or a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience
- Demonstrated experience in employee administration, office management, and executive support, prefreably in a technical or IT environment.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills, with a demonstrable ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Possess outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow, or other workflow management systems.
- Demonstrate an independent work ethic, initiative, and ability to work autonomously while aligning with the group's vision and leadership strategy.
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess an Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field, which indicates a deeper level of expertise and commitment to professional development.
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the IT or technical sector, demonstrating a track record of exceptional performance and significant contributions to previous employers.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including experience in leading projects or teams, which would be beneficial for taking on more complex or strategic responsibilities within the group.
- Evidence of critical thinking and innovation in previous roles, showing the ability to contribute to the group's long-term goals and improvements in processes and systems.
- Holding an advanced level of security clearance (above Secret level) would be advantageous for involvement in higher-level projects and tasks.
Why work at APL?
While the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory brings world-class expertise to a broad range of challenges, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, innovation ecosystem where you can feel safe to share ideas and to continue to grow personally and professionally. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas and have earned Best Places to Work accolades in outlets such as Fast Companies and Glassdoor.
Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*