Classified Network Engineer
Are you interested in creating new IT security capabilities and learning new cybersecurity technologies?
Do you want to have a stake in the overall security posture and assessment of the IT infrastructure?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to apply and join our team at APL!
We are seeking a Classified Network Engineer for APL 's Classified IT Services team. We provide technical expertise to meet compliance and operational objectives in environments that require an enterprise network infrastructure.
As a Classified Network Engineer...
- Administer and secure network infrastructure to include switches, routers, and firewalls
- Provide operational and engineering expertise for APL’s enterprise Classified networks to include:
- Engineering design, technology implementations and technology refreshes
- Creation of supporting documentation such as architecture drawing, test plans, device configurations, processes and procedures
- Continuously sustain appropriate security procedures and network configurations to ensure compliance with mandates.
- Provide technical expertise to customers, sector technical staff, and other classified network engineers that manage standalone classified environments
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Have 6+ years experiencing working with Cisco IOS or similar.
- Currently maintain Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent
- Familiarity configuring, managing, and troubleshooting TACLANEs, to include GEM One.
- Possess hands-on experience administering/maintaining classified computer networks.
- Successfully led an engineering effort from concept development to implementation, providing regular progress updates to stakeholders and driving the project to completion.
- Demonstrated sound deductive reasoning and thought processes.
- Have experience with applying DoD STIGs on network switches/routers.
- Maintain a current DoD 8570 certification (Security+ or CISSP).
- Are willing and able to work outside normal working hours to complete critical maintenance and resolve outages.
- Hold an active Top Secret//SCI w/ Poly security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have experience working with Arista EOS and/or Palo Alto PAN-OS
- Have experience with scripting and use of automated tools.
- Have experience working/maintaining SolarWinds.
Why work at APL?
While the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory brings world-class expertise to a broad range of challenges, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, innovation ecosystem where you can feel safe to share ideas and to continue to grow personally and professionally. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas and have earned Best Places to Work accolades in outlets such as Fast Companies and Glassdoor.
Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*