This job has Expired
Section Supervisor of Financial Services
Are you skilled in financial analysis, problem-solving, and have a high attention to detail? Are you searching for meaningful work with the ability to mentor and lead staff to success?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our leadership team in the Financial and Business Services Group (AB2) in the Air and Missile Defense Sector (AMDS).
We are seeking a Section Supervisor and Department Fiscal Representative to lead and manage department financial planning and analysis including management of indirect budgets (Overhead, Capital, Program Development, Discretionary). In addition, you will also lead the AMDS's Director's Office Review (DOR), Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Long-Range Plan (LRP) submissions, ensuring AMDS is positioned for success.
As the Section Supervisor, you will...
- Serve as the AMDS Fiscal Representative and lead all efforts associated with the preparation and submission of the Director's Office Review (DOR) and Long-Range Plan, including validating branch hiring plans, Mission Area funding and DSY projections.
- Provide supervision of the financial and business services that are provided by the Sector Financial Services section staff; including oversight, direction, and management in the areas of rate management, capital, overhead, program development funds, discretionary funds, staffing, AMDS audits, and Sector Dashboards.
- Assist in the recruiting, developing, retaining, and leading of staff in line with the Section and Group’s priorities.
- Create ad-hoc financial reports and analyses by integrating information from various sources and analyzing data to highlight trends and anomalies.
- Prepare and present briefings for senior leadership as required pertaining to the responsibilities and analyses conducted by the section.
- Actively participate in lab-wide teams, projects and initiatives relating to business, financial and operations functions.
- Actively reach-out to peers across the Lab to share best practices and facilitate collaboration.
- Act as the focal point for both the internal and external group audit responses.
- Support technology transformations related to department business tools and encourage and implement dashboards using Power BI.
- Implement standard methodologies and approaches while developing a climate conducive to intellectual curiosity, creativity, productivity and respect for others.
- Display aspects of AMDS Leadership responsibilities and expectations that align with the APL Leadership Attributes creating an environment where staff members are engaged, highly motivated and committed; setting high standards and consistently holding staff members accountable; committed to continuous improvement and adapting to an ever-changing environment. Perform other personnel related activities as necessary.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or other related field.
- Have 10+ years of professional experience with budgeting, annual operating plans, an understanding of overhead and capital budgeting and planning.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring staff and/or teams.
- Are highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, with experience using Pivot Tables, LOOKUP and other advanced functions.
- Have proven ability to perform detailed financial analysis as well as pulling out key takeaways.
- Can effectively connect with all levels of staff and present financial and business data to management.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities seamlessly and respond to quick-turn ad-hoc requests.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by start date and ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You 'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a MS/MA/MBA in a business or related discipline.
- Have 2+ years in a leadership role, to include leading and mentoring staff.
- Have an understanding of the laboratory business systems (PEER, Data Warehouse, ADDIT, EBSS), processes and practices.
- Have knowledge and experience working with PowerBI, or similar tools to enhance data analysis and/or communication of data.
- Have experience in responding to DCAA audit requests.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*