Human Resources Specialist/Supervisor (Join our team!)
It's extremely rewarding to work for a non-profit organization that provides much-needed services to families in the community. Visit our website at DavisStreet.org for more information.We are a 3 person department proving HR services for a approximately 100 employees.
Position requires excellent customer service, MS Office, HR generalist and full-cycle recruiting experience.
Full-time with excellent company-paid benefits
The HR Specialist/Supervisor performs Generalist activities in the HR department. Work as a flexible HR team member and provide excellent customer service in all interactions. The HR Specialist provides backup for the Chief HR Officer as needed, maintains strict confidentiality in performing responsibilities, and works in accordance with department and agency policies and procedures.
- Provide HR services for approx. 100 employees in multiple programs
- Provide backup for Chief HR Officer to maintain continuity of HR services
- Provide guidance to HR Assistant as needed
- Perform agency full-cycle recruiting, including guiding and interacting with hiring managers, presenting job offers, and participating in job fairs.
- Coordinate and conduct new hire onboarding
- Administer employee benefits and related tasks, including COBRA, ACA compliance, open enrollment, and employee benefit payments
- Administer employee leaves of absences and return to work
- Process employee exits, conduct exit interviews and track/communicate feedback as needed
- Interpret and communicate information, and ensure responses and outcomes comply with company policies and external laws
- Assist with employee recognition activities
- Create and maintain HR metrics, reports, etc.
- Assist with misc. projects and trainings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years related HR experience
- Degree or certificate in HR or related field
- Very strong computer skills using MS Office
- Understanding of HR practices, and state/federal wage and hour laws
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks with timeliness and attention to detail
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality and appropriately work with sensitively information and documents.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Davis Street
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*